75 replies to this topic

#1 trevlix

trevlix

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

Awesome! Great job!

I've found it works best so far with Google Chrome. For some reason, I couldn't get it to authenticate with Firefox to update info.

#2 allicorn

allicorn

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 839 posts
  • LocationGloucestershire

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Odd. I develop in Firefox. Should be fine in everything really.

@AllicornUK ::: www.allicorn.com ::: Listen to the whole At the Mountains of Madness album on Bandcamp

#3 WaynePeters

WaynePeters

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

I'm using the latest Firefox and it runs fine for me.

#4 trevlix

trevlix

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Weird. There's probably something messed up on my end then.

#5 allicorn

allicorn

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Maybe you have the evil version of Firefox? ;-)

I'll have a poke around though, see if I can trip it up here.

Alli

@AllicornUK ::: www.allicorn.com ::: Listen to the whole At the Mountains of Madness album on Bandcamp

#6 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

I don't see anything? I've logged out, and back in again, but noting when the main map comes up, no other players and it shows zero in the right hand box? Great idea though! But I can only see the pins on the small map above, not when I click on it.
Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

#7 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,382 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

I've not been able to replicate this. Are you still having that issue?

Depending on your connection speed it might take a few seconds for the data to display.

I've moved any reports of issues into its own thread, here in META.

#8 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

It's all up now. But before, it showed zero as members and I was looking at it for some time, but no pins. Now it takes two seconds, and the pins come up. Really great stuff! There's people in my town. I don't know how to contact them though. Pulled up their details and it looks like they are looking for people, but hovering the cursor over, doesn't bring up anything. Sending a PM and running through one of the names doesn't come up with that name, so assume he uses an altar (like I do, to cut them).
Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

#9 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,382 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

I click on a flag, a name (or group of names) come up, then I click on the name and it takes me to an email message box.

#10 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Right, just tried it with Firefox, and that's exactly what occurs, but I get nothing with Explorer 9. Perhaps I've got pop ups blocked? but it doesn't come up with a message saying that. Appreciate all the help though. I'll help anyone, anytime, but I just cannot if it had anything to do with computers. I'm awful with them, it's as if they speak a different language.;)

Well I sent a message to someone, and no reply. No worries, I don't particularly expect one. Then I thought I'd test one to myself, just to check. Turns out I've got an old E-Mail address registered here. My incompetance continues. Anyway, even after updating it (getting the E-Mail and following through the link,confirmation of change) and sending myself a message, I still don't actually receive it? (checked SPAM and Trash folders). Sorry to keep on about this, but I thought that people might sending a message, not receive a reply and assume that the recipient didn't want to reply. Either that, or again, it's just me.

#11 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,382 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

I'm afraid I've not been able to replicate this.

Just sent myself a contact message via the method above and it came through straight away.

#12 allicorn

allicorn

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 839 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

It's possible that the player map system doesn't notice the change of email on the YSDC account. I'll investigate.

Haven't been able to reproduce the IE9 problems, I have to say. AotD, does regular Google Maps work for you in IE9? http://maps.google.com/

Alli

#13 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

Yes, that link, it works on both. I can go in at picture,ground level. It takes a full 30 seconds to come up with the pins on E9. So originally when I went in (when I first mentioned this), I got no pins on E9, then it later came up with a message, that there was a long running script, I clicked a box that came up, and then the pins would come up instantly. Now I open the YSDC players map (using E9), and it takes a full 30 seconds for the pins to come up, but does not mention a script now? E9 is not my main browser, Firefox is, but I use both. E9 is easier, it keeps coming up with a message to make it my main browser, but I do not accept. Would this have anything to do with it? Could one of you two send a message to me,via the map, I'm in Portsmouth. I'll do the same if you tell me your location. Appreciate your assistance and fast response on this.

#14 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Is it possible to get the map updated?

Anwesh Chatterjee
We are Knights of the Solent Roleplay Society, based in Portsmouth, Hampshire. We meet up regularly on Sundays from 2.00pm, in The Dolphin pub, Old Portsmouth (opposite the cathedral).

I was going to go down and meet these guys, then I recalled three years ago when I went down there that the pub was a restaurant, and after asking the staff who'd worked there awhile, none of them had heard of these guys. I don't know if they are all Facebooking now, but searches on the net don't come up with anything.

#15 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,382 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

I've dropped them a line and the entry will be under review.

Normally I'd recommend waiting for an email reply first to avoid possible disappointment.

#16 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

I didn't actually E-Mail these guys, as I seem to recall reading that message a few years back. I think I accessed it from a players map somewhere else, wgen I was searching for gamers. Due to the nature of the message, how it was written, and being very local I walked in the pub. None of the staff had actually heard of them, so I assumed it was out of date even back then. I don't expect replies, but did send myself an E-Mail via the map, and never received it.

#17 MrHandy

MrHandy

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

I have the same issue that you had originally mentioned. I'm using IE9, and the Players' Directory just shows a blank screen every time. Google Maps does work for me, though.
Zombie Apocalypse: A Blood Brothers style play-by-post forum-based RPG using CoC rules
Space Oddity: Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes/Call of Cthulhu in 1969 Philadelphia
The Terror Out of Time: Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu in 1930 London

#18 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Ah, I'm not alone. well we are all alone in the dark, aren't we?

#19 allicorn

allicorn

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 839 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

Unfortunately haven't been able to reproduce this issue in my copy of IE9. It's making it a little hard to track down the issue. If anyone else has similar reports and has the IE9 dev tools available to see if there's anything on the console, that'd be useful.

Alli

#20 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,382 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I didn't actually E-Mail these guys, as I seem to recall reading that message a few years back. I think I accessed it from a players map somewhere else...

I heard back from Anwesh:

The group moved away from The Dophin pub several years ago. I myself moved away from the area a couple of years ago, and I no longer have direct contact with the group.

I believe that the group is now officially disbanded, although there are still privately run games in Portsmouth. The web site www.ukroleplayers.com has a section for Portsmouth, where you may be able to contact local players.

So I've removed that record.