Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

ysdc-players-directory-2017-banner.jpg

PLAYERS' DIRECTORY
(You must be logged in to access.)

The Directory has been put together by the ever talented Allicorn and leverages Google Maps to help find people across the globe.

Any member can search the Directory (currently listing over 1,000 players) but to get the most out of it it's best to include your own details as well. A separate account password is no longer required. Enter as much or as little information as you want and be as geographically specific as you want. You can also self-delete your entry at a later date if required.

A new feature is the ability to add Events to the Directory, so if you're running a games day or a convention feel free to add it! (They will disappear automatically after the event has passed.)

We hope the new version of the Directory provides some utility and thanks once again to Robbie and Alli for all their work on providing this service.

If you encounter any issues, please see the following thread in META: Players' Directory Issues

#2 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

An excellent addition/upgrade Paul. Thanks to all concerned over the years for getting players together.

#3 dajebriza

dajebriza

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

What a fantastic resource to bring players together! I am going to check it regularly. Thanks!

#4 onewild

onewild

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

On paper this is a great tool but out of interest, has anybody ever got together to play because of it? Just curious

#5 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Yes, many times, e.g.

Our roleplaying group formed in the summer of 2003. Allan Goodall posted a message to the player listing service of Yog-Sothoth.com stating that he was looking for Call of Cthulhu players in general, and Delta Green players in particular. Jason Gallagher replied to the listing and said that he and a friend — Jimmy Pope — were interested in playing.

Source: http://www.hyperbear...dg-history.html

#6 onewild

onewild

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Cool

#7 Aklo

Aklo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

Just made some contacts myself, this is awesome!

The Optimist in me says we live in the best of all possible worlds...The Pessimist in me believes this is true.