#1 gladius

gladius

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'm sure this will grow out of hand over time, but I'm trying to find a list of all the published CI publications/scenarios/books. Much of this info came from these threads:
http://www.yog-sotho...ictus-scenarios
http://www.yog-sotho...tus-what-s-new?
http://www.yog-sotho...victus-Freebies
http://www.yog-sotho...victus-Material
http://www.yog-sotho...p/CoC:Scenarios

If I've missed some, please let me know and I'll update this list.
PoC, if you'd prefer to merge this with WinstonP's old thread from 2009, I'd understand that, too.

Chaosium
Cthulhu Invictus Monograph [Morituri Te Salutamus, Chuma Invictus] (OOP)
Cthulhu Invictus (CHA23115) [Profilaxis Panacea Efqa]
Cthulhu Invictus Companion (CHA23119) [Chuma Invictus, Moraturi Te Salutamus, Bacchanalia]
Malum Umbra Monograph (CHA0353) [The Haunted Villa, Web of Vengeance]
Extrico Tabula Monograph (CHA0354) [Silva Nigra (The Black Forest), Letalis Messor (A Mortal Harvest)]
Ripples from Carcosa Monograph (CHA0312) [Adventus Regis]
The Bride of Halloween Horror Monograph (CHA0364) [Longa Obscuritas (The Long Dark)]
Strange Aeons 2 (CHA23117) [They Did Not Think it Too Many]
Dead Leaves Fall (CHA0406) [Lemuralia]
The Gods Hate Me (CHA0402) [Blood and Glory, The Gods Hate Me, Clockwork Rome, Death and Bane, Lights on the Vesuvius, Ursinus' Animal Show, The God Unknown]

Horror Stories From The Red Room Monograph (CHA0413) [Three Maidens of Bingen]

Miskatonic River Press
The Legacy of Arrius Lurco (MRP0009) [Campaign]
Lux in Tenebras (MRP PDF Download only) [Misplaced Purity, On a Lonely Road, Vinea Perversa, Dreams of Atlantis, Naufractus, Mystery in Sardinia, The Dread Idol]

Golden Goblin Press

{Forthcoming} De Horrore Cosmico

Free Downloadable Scenarios
Mystery on Mona
Arrius Lurco Handouts (http://www.miskatoni.../Keeper0PDF.pdf)

http://www.chadbowser.com/work.htm

Edited by WinstonP, 19 June 2014 - 02:06 PM.
Updated links

#2 Skyman

Skyman

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Chaosium monograph. (The Dead Leaves Fall: and other Halloween Horrors) Lemuralia by Oscar Rios

http://www.yog-sotho...ead-Leaves-Fall
I have Social Dystrophy

#3 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

WOW... that's a great list. Good work, thank you so much for putting that together.
Founder of Golden Goblin Press : Golden Goblin Press
Check out my Blog : Oscar Rios - Minion of Cthulhu

#4 gladius

gladius

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Thanks, Osk. Figured you or Chad would know if I missed anything!

It turns out I could have saved a lot of time by looking here first: http://www.yog-sotho...p/CoC:Scenarios but I didn't find that page 'til after I made the post.

I'm writing a CI scenario and starting a campaign soon, so I wanted to read all the CI material I could find...

#5 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,606 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

If you want to make a wiki page about Invictus the setting, including this helpful scenario list, contact PoC to get editing power on the Yog Wiki. Nicely done.
My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#6 Madam30th

Madam30th

Master

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

This list is great, thanks!

I have the basic Cthulhu Invictus book but have not bought any other materials. I am a big fan of ancient greek and roman history. I am particularly interested in the period of the tetrarchy, roughly 280-320AD. Is there anything in the existing scenarios that covers that period? The main book looked to be very much rooted in the earlier periods. Are any of the listed scenarios particularly historical, so as to be associated with a real historical event or character? If that is so, perhaps it would be good to add to the list which years the scenario belongs to and which part of the empire is covered? I'd be most grateful for such an update to the list as it'd help me to pick and chose the scenarios to start with.

#7 wombat1

wombat1

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

This list is great, thanks!

I have the basic Cthulhu Invictus book but have not bought any other materials. I am a big fan of ancient greek and roman history. I am particularly interested in the period of the tetrarchy, roughly 280-320AD. Is there anything in the existing scenarios that covers that period? The main book looked to be very much rooted in the earlier periods. Are any of the listed scenarios particularly historical, so as to be associated with a real historical event or character? If that is so, perhaps it would be good to add to the list which years the scenario belongs to and which part of the empire is covered? I'd be most grateful for such an update to the list as it'd help me to pick and chose the scenarios to start with.

I cannot speak about all of the scenarios Gladius lists, however, the ones I have seen have no particular date, but imply that they happen in the period covered by the source book down to the reign of Trajan or Hadrian. You could use them for the tetrarchy, no doubt, but you may wish to make some modifications relating to government, money, and the like.

I wound up writing my own, when I wanted to set up an Invictus campaign, though I did cherry pick bits of Legacy of Arrius Lurco out with some modification. I found a good historical character to use as an NPC patron, and this led me to set the story in the time of Antoninus Pius, very late in his reign, starting in AD 157.

If you go that route, you may find it useful to rummage around through the historical sources with an eye towards supernatural events and the inexplicable; the exact time of the alleged occurrence does not matter in this case, as it can move back and forth in time, usually.

I found the two following to be particularly helpful; the Barrington Atlas is much too expensive to collect, but a nearby university library may have it, a single volume out of the Loeb Library is expensive, but not outrageously so; it is only when one tries to get more than one that one makes a small fortune (one begins with a large fortune then buys the Loeb series):

The Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World (Princeton University Press, 2000), ISBN: 978-0691031699
The Prodigies of Julius Obsequens, which is vol. XIV of the Loeb Classical Library's edition of Livy's History of Rome
(Harvard University Press, 1959), ISBN: 9780674994454

The historians of the early period would list inexplicable things--Dio Cassius and Suetonius are particular favorites for this, but Livy has had his oddiments collected in the Prodigies. I read Ammianus Marcellinus and the later historians donkey's ages ago and have no clear recollection of the details.

You need not limit yourself, of course, to a particular period in selecting these--a supernatural event could 'get up and move' out of its historical context into a different era if it helps the plot along. Place is harder to fiddle with; if an event happened in Rome it would be harder to move it out into the countryside. Also, there are lots of historical mystery novels, like those of Steven Saylor and Lindsey Davis which furnish good material, and lots of weird tales which can be worked in. By the time the tetrarchy rolls around, the events discussed in Howard's 'Worms of the Earth' have happened, but in the that period, very elderly people may indeed still be talking about it as something their grandparents participated in. The issue which bedeviled them may need revisiting,then.

#8 ShadowDenizen

ShadowDenizen

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Thanks for this; while I have almost everyting listed, I somehow totally missed the "Mystery of Mona."

FYI, I'm not sure if you want to wait for actual publication (since anything can happen in the world of CoC publishing!), but it's been announced there will be an Invictus scenario in the re-release of HotOE.

#9 Madam30th

Madam30th

Master

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Thanks a lot wombat1, I'll get those resources from the library!

#10 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

The invictus scenario in the upcoming HotOE re-release is called "Sanguis Omnia Vincit" or Blood Conquers All. It's set in 330AD (The start of the Byzantine Period) and play begins in the City of Constantinople. I'm running the play tests next weekend. Sorry you missed "Mystery of Mona", it's sort of a fun scenario.

#11 wombat1

wombat1

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

The invictus scenario in the upcoming HotOE re-release is called "Sanguis Omnia Vincit" or Blood Conquers All. It's set in 330AD (The start of the Byzantine Period) and play begins in the City of Constantinople. I'm running the play tests next weekend. Sorry you missed "Mystery of Mona", it's sort of a fun scenario.

Would you like some extra play testing? I would be happy to put it to my group, since they are 'Invictus minded'.

#12 Agent_Bluescale

Agent_Bluescale

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

I really need to get into an Invictus group
Formally One_ofthe_Deep

#13 ShadowDenizen

ShadowDenizen

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

iny

Sorry you missed "Mystery of Mona", it's sort of a fun scenario.

Got it now, thanks to the good folks who created this thread! Many thanks for the updates; it's nice to know there's definite interest in Invictus still, and to see it hit the "mainstream" in one of the most anticipated re-releases in years!

And, as an aside, (barring anything not officially published), I think I now have everything written by our illustrious forum-goer Gol-Goroth except for "Rising Tide, Setting Sun" (Which I have heard vaguely about, but have been unable to locate a copy of...)

#14 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Would you like some extra play testing? I would be happy to put it to my group, since they are 'Invictus minded'.

We've got it covered, I am running it twice next week and I think the boys down under are going to run it as well. But thanks for the offer.

- - - Updated - - -

And, as an aside, (barring anything not officially published), I think I now have everything written by our illustrious forum-goer Gol-Goroth except for "Rising Tide, Setting Sun" (Which I have heard vaguely about, but have been unable to locate a copy of...)

WOW, "Setting Sun, Rising Tide" is an unpublished scenario that I run at conventions ever once in a blue moon. It has some very adult themes. I don't even know if I can publish it, or the sort of book it could be attached to. You probably heard about it on these forums or from some audio floating around on the internet of a group playing it at a convention.

#15 Enyn

Enyn

Neophyte

• 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

For entertaining reading, I recommned The Scroll of Thoth, by Richard L. Tiernry. It's the collected stories centering on Simon of Gitta, known as Simon Magus, a Samaritan magician and ex-gladiator. Most of the tales take place durig biblical times, and he counted Romans amongst his foes at times. Might be a good source for inspiration. It was available from Chaosium's Cthulhu fiction series, and you can probably find it on Aazon easily enough.

#16 Ykoal

Ykoal

Neophyte

• 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Thank you for this list!

These items I noticed while browsing Chaosium's website seem appropriate to add to the "Other Related Free Downloads & Info" section:
Cthulhu Invictus Bestiae
Cthulhu Invictus Fabulae
Cthulhu Invictus Patrocinium
Cthulhu Invictus Populus

Each is 1 or 2 pages of supplemental material, though I do not know if they are included in some of the source materials listed above that I don't have copies of. My guess is that they were sections left out of the Cthulhu Invictus sourcebook due to publishing limitations.

#17 DisPater

DisPater

Neophyte

• 5 posts
  • LocationColonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

The link to the "Mystery on Mona"-Download is broken in the first post (as also on the wiki-page concerning Oscar Rios and on RPG Geek) due to the change in forum software. Google seems to find no other good source for this on its first pages, so I thought I'd point that out to help the problem get fixed. :)

Ceterum censeo Cthulhu esse excitandum!

#18 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

The link to the "Mystery on Mona"-Download is broken in the first post (as also on the wiki-page concerning Oscar Rios and on RPG Geek) due to the change in forum software. Google seems to find no other good source for this on its first pages, so I thought I'd point that out to help the problem get fixed. :)

I've got a copy of this one... ;)

#19 DisPater

DisPater

Neophyte

• 5 posts
  • LocationColonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

Well, I downloaded my copy a long time ago. ;)

Just thought it would be nice, if the link in the first post would get updated.

It should be corrected to this address, if I am right: http://www.yog-sotho...ystery-on-mona/

off-topic: I'm looking forward to Golden Goblin's new Invictus-related adventure collection.

Any chance we could get a working title on that? Or some more information about the planned contents?

Wouldn't have to be here, I'm checking the official Golden Goblin site regulary. :)

For all German speaking users: An extended Invictus-bibliography can be found on my related blog:

https://disinvictis..../bibliographie/

(If it's okay, to leave such a link here.)

Edited by DisPater, 13 January 2014 - 09:38 PM.

Ceterum censeo Cthulhu esse excitandum!

#20 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,606 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

I thought it was going to be De Horrore Cosmico, but Oscar knows best.
My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Invictus