166 replies to this topic

#41 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

Oh and another thing. The signed book is signed by who? Author, you, both, all the HotOE crew, etc...?

The book is signed by its author, Nick Marsh.

#42 badseed

badseed

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

Contributed! preparing to nag my friends to jump on as well. :)

#43 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

The signed book is signed by who? Author, you, both, all the HotOE crew, etc...?

I've been talking to Nick and members of the Innsmouth House Players. The result of which is that if anyone pledges for a signed copy and would like it multi-signed by the original players as well (or as many of them as we can muster) then just let me know!

#44 PhoneCallOfCthulhu

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

Ooooohhh, that's nice. At 50$ signed to Canada is just 5$ more than the just the book.
Before pledging now, I have to decide if I want Auntie Betty's card or not.

#45 DrVincent

DrVincent

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

It looks fantastic. HotOE is my favorite game and to have an illustrated version in my future is all flavors of eldrich wonderful. Thanks so much for making this possible.

Cheers,

Dr. V
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity because our realtor was a lying, cheating, crazy, cultist jerk.

#46 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

I have a question.

I have been thinking of writing "Beyond the mountains of madness", based on my campaign. Or try to convert it into a graphic novel. First thing I did was to write to Chaz engan who gave me his support but also, as I expected, concurred with me that the question of copyright would have to be dealt with ( Chaosium published the campaign, Chaz wrote it with many others, my players contributed┬░ Though I had no problems with my players, and knew an agreement might be made with Chaz his cowriters and Chaosium, I haven't pushed this yet, because I have other plans.

But here goes... i am one the the original contributors to HOTOE. In fact, Fenalik was Richard Watt's and my secret love-child. I'm perfectly happy with a novel coming out, I applaud all involved, and would not dream of interfering... but how did you take care of the copyright question with chaosium or the original authors? Merci
christian lehmann

#47 lordof1

lordof1

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hi Christian - Paul and I have been in touch with Mark and Richard from the start of the project, who contacted contributors to the campaign and gave us their blessing to go ahead, otherwise we wouldn't have done so. Paul has also been in touch with Chaosium, who raised no objections. Regardless, Paul holds a licence to produce Call of Cthulhu projects, I believe, though he can correct me on the finer points.

EDIT : I've sent you a direct message going in to a bit more detail, Christian, which I hope helps answer some questions!

Edited by lordof1, 06 May 2012 - 03:41 PM.

'Hi, I'm Nick Marsh. You may remember me from such classics as 'The Pale God', or 'Shadows by Gaslight - episode 3'!'
http://lordof1.blogspot.com - News from a Vet on the Front Line

#48 Job

Job

Community Patron

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

This looks outstanding! I am a great fan of HotOE (and also BtMoM), so I guess that I just need to decide whether I want Aunt Betty's calling card...

...of COURSE I do! ;)

Job.

#49 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Thank you so much for the private message and the information. I'm very very glad to hear about this novelization, and I will certainly contribute to get a copy ;-)
In fact, my friend, I'm extremely grateful that you've gone ahead and achieved this, because I'd love to read the novel, AND because you have shown me that the "administrative" side of things can be done. Thanks.
christian lehmann

#50 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Paul..... we have to talk ;-)
christian lehmann

#51 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Drop me a PM! :)

#52 PhoneCallOfCthulhu

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Paul..... we have to talk ;-)

Drop me a PM! :)

No, no, no. Talk about it here. No one's looking at this thread and we won't say anything. ;)

#53 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

For those curious about postage outside the UK, P&P breaks down as follows:

Europe: c. 10.50 Euros ($13.75, US)
Rest of World: c. $23 (US)

So after the fundraiser/pre-order, typical delivery of a copy to the US (for example) would be c. $63 (thanks to new Royal Mail price increases). During the fundraiser however it's set at $45.

#54 Afraid of the dark

Afraid of the dark

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

I think it's going to be a Leaf for me, but not till the end of the month.
Please have a read of the game "The Sanitarium," on my Blog. Say what you think!

#55 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Thank you!

The "Leaf from the Diaries" is an interesting one in that the handwritten material contained within relates to excised material from the original diaries ms. Each notebook should contain different text, so yours won't be the same as some one else's.

#56 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

For those attending the UK Games Expo this year, Nick will be doing a live reading from The Express Diaries as past of the Writers Seminar.

#57 lordof1

lordof1

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

For those attending the UK Games Expo this year, Nick will be doing a live reading from The Express Diaries as past of the Writers Seminar.

Ah, Paul beat me to this thread! It'll be part of the Saturday afternoon seminar, called 'Pathways to Publication', I believe... http://www.ukgamesex...uk/seminars.php
'Hi, I'm Nick Marsh. You may remember me from such classics as 'The Pale God', or 'Shadows by Gaslight - episode 3'!'
http://lordof1.blogspot.com - News from a Vet on the Front Line

#58 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

We made our target in just under a week! A big thank you to everyone who's supported the fundraiser so far.

The pre-orders remain open until mid-June so there's still time. Meanwhile a little promo video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU_ZUAlsT6E

#59 PhoneCallOfCthulhu

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

Nice teaser. I'll probably have to wait for June to chip-in due to budgetary constraint but I won't miss it that's for sure.

#60 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

We've added a few simple "Stretch Goals" to the fundraiser.

Stretch Goal 1: $7,500 - Violet's Diary & Postcard Set

Every backer gets an eBook copy of the original (and newly revised & updated) VIOLET'S DIARY written by Helen Maclean. The book that started it all. Print backers also get an EXPRESS DIARIES four postcard set along with their book(s).

violets-diary-postcards.png

Stretch Goal 2: $10,000 - The Ausperg Affair

Every backer also gets an eBook copy of "THE AUSPERG AFFAIR" - recovered from Moretti's memoirs - the thrilling prequel to THE EXPRESS DIARIES.

ausperg-affair-cover.png
Overheard one October evening in London...

Professor Moretti:
"Austrian-trained giant zombie carnivorous apes..?"
Col. Goodenough: "The latest horror of the Austrian war machine."