246 replies to this topic

#1 Tresmegistus

Tresmegistus

Master

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Can't find any mention of it yet around forum but there is a new CoC podcast for Keepers and players http://www.mu-podcast.com/ 2 episodes so far. Can never have too many CoC podcasts!

#2 JonHook

JonHook

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

:D

Yes, I haven't had a chance to post about this yet because I was at a comic book convention all weekend, but yes, we just recorded our third episode and finally released out first two episodes.

Our show is primarily one targeted for CoC Keepers, as we give advice on how to leverage the rules in your CoC game. I need to check with Dan to see when we'll be available via iTunes and other podcasting sources. Dan, Murf, and I all hope the listeners will liberally give us feedback so we can help shape the kind of show that will be most beneficial to CoC Keepers.

That is not to say that our show is not for the casual CoC player as well. We have no plans to crack-open CoC adventures and give away any secrets from adventures. No, we are diving through the CoC rulebook, and we are finding ways to give Keepers advice to leverage game and rule elements throughout the book. And these are facets that players will, hopefully, also find useful to enhance their roleplay as well.

#3 Donnovan_Sunrider

Donnovan_Sunrider

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

I was actually waiting until we got posted in iTunes, and I got that message today! So yes folks, there is another CoC podcast to wiggle its way into your ear canals. :8E:

#4 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

I was actually waiting until we got posted in iTunes, and I got that message today! So yes folks, there is another CoC podcast to wiggle its way into your ear canals. :8E:

Excellent. Heading over to the feed now!

#5 theuglyamerican

theuglyamerican

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Congratulations on the new podcast! I'll be listening and I wish you many happy episodes!

"Starkweather-Moore Expedition. Employs. MANIAC!" -- Best YSDC line ever

Ever wonder what it would be like to hunt the supernatural in 1650s Germany? Of course you have! Listen to us and find out!

The greatest Mythos movie ever? 9 out of 10 Deep Ones surveyed say yes!!

#6 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

A great couple of podcasts. Lot's of information provided. I particularly enjoyed the characteristics discussion in the second one.

#7 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

I am going to download these now.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

Listen to us playing in Skype of Cthulhu

#8 Donnovan_Sunrider

Donnovan_Sunrider

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

Thanks guys!
We're new to the podcasting game, so feedback is appreciated. And we want your ideas for show topics!
We're also open to listener submitted segments, so if anyone out there wants to record a semi-regular bit and send it in, we'd love to include it.

These first handful of episodes are pretty specifically covering character creation. We want to bring more people to the game, that's one of our main missions.

#9 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

I liked it very much! I really like the Bestiary section, and this is a great source for people new and old to the game, new ideas are always welcome, and I plan to steal one or two :D

Regarding Dex , I use it a lot, for dodge, and other psychical tasks, but it is good to hear other points of view that forces you to see things from a different perspective.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

Listen to us playing in Skype of Cthulhu

#10 Noble

Noble

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Downloaded, just need to invent a new hour in the day to fit it in!
The static in my mind, leaves me hollow and unkind.

#11 Donnovan_Sunrider

Donnovan_Sunrider

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

Thank you very much WiseWolf. We're trying to be relevant to the whole Gamer Nation, but figured we'd start the show with the start point of a game... Character creation. :)
I expect to have episode 3 ready to put on the feed by this weekend.

#12 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

I ended up finding the discussion of character attributes extremely interesting... how geeky is that?

It was great to hear all the different opinions brought to bear on each one. Looking forward to Episode 3. :-)

#13 Donnovan_Sunrider

Donnovan_Sunrider

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thank you Stuart. Ep 3 will be on the way by this weekend.

#14 Donnovan_Sunrider

Donnovan_Sunrider

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

http://www.mu-podcast.com/3

We continue with part 2 of our character creation series, moving to the section your hosts have the most fun with, Occupations and Skills. We also peek into one of the sanity-blasting books of the Mythos in our Special Collections segment.

#15 Gracehoper

Gracehoper

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Good stuff, thanks.

#16 Donnovan_Sunrider

Donnovan_Sunrider

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Thanks!

From this point, we'll be moving to our intended biweekly release schedule. So the intention is to put out episode 4 in two weeks from now, and every two weeks from that point onward.
We're really having a ton of fun doing this show, so we're planning on sticking around for a long while. :D

#17 Cthulhugh

Cthulhugh

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Great to hear,I have the honor of submitting the first audio comment for the show -go the Pods! :D

#18 Donnovan_Sunrider

Donnovan_Sunrider

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

And we love the audio feedback! Thank you so much!

#19 JonHook

JonHook

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

Great to hear,I have the honor of submitting the first audio comment for the show -go the Pods! :D

Thanks man! I can't wait to hear it.

#20 Donnovan_Sunrider

Donnovan_Sunrider

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

To help visibility of the thread, we're looking for one or two players for a Skype game! Details in this thread:
http://www.yog-sotho...hort-Skype-game

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Press Release, Podcast