Photo
- - - - -

ToC Resource PDFs - Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu & Enchiridion of Elucidation

Press Release

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

Enchiridion of Elucidation

Version 3.3 official release.

No changes or additions to actual rules.

Several minor text rewrites to correct grammar, punctuation or make sentences scan more easily.

Download from the link in my signature below...

Do you play Trail of Cthulhu ? You may find these downloads useful...

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF - the rulebook as slim as it can go.

The Enchiridion of Elucidation PDF - a guidebook for both players and Keepers, with advice on playing the game.

#62 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:21 PM

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu

Version 6.6 official release.

The subsection Psychological Triage on pages 19/20 has been given a slight re-write to clarify the process.

Download from the links in my signature below...

The Condensed Rules for Trail of Cthulhu PDF - the rulebook as slim as it can go.

The Enchiridion of Elucidation PDF - a guidebook for both players and Keepers, with advice on playing the game.

#63 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

Version 6.7 official release.

The following sections have been given a rewrite to fix or clarify rules:

Automatic Firearms (page 14)

Inured or Susceptible to Stability Tests (penultimate paragraph of page 17)

Confidence Roll (page 20)

Denying the Mythos (page 20)

Temporary Psychological Triage (page 22)

Keep watching this thread for a possible (if Pelgrane gives the thumbs-up) new product. Non-Core Clue: "Can 16 become 7?"

Edited by Tony Williams, 01 May 2017 - 12:27 PM.

#64 numtini

numtini

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCape Schrod, Massachusetts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

Last December I started a TOC game despite never having played in one before. I cannot express how much these tools help run a game. Thank you! Wish we could get something like this for NBA. 

Edited by numtini, 01 May 2017 - 01:06 PM.

#65 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

I think I'd have a nervous breakdown trying to do one for NBA - there's so much more crunch.

#66 numtini

numtini

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCape Schrod, Massachusetts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

Is this a fan production or an official Pelgrane or a hybrid?

(Great timing! The copy machine cop is out of the office, so I have nice stapled color copies!)

Edited by numtini, 01 May 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#67 FreddieF

FreddieF

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDurham, UK

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the update, Tony. Downloaded just now.

The Keepers of the Woods for Trail of Cthulhu is available now - download it here.

Those Within for Call of Cthulhu 7e - coming to a convention near you soon...

@freddiefoulds ; Visit my blog: Arcana Obscura

#68 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

Is this a fan production or an official Pelgrane or a hybrid?

Well they are all fan productions (me) but I donate them to Pelgrane for their ToC Resource pages as I wouldn't want them out in the "wild" if Pelgrane weren't happy.

#69 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:32 AM

Version 6.8 official release.

Apologies to those who have already printed v6.7 out but I forgot to make a small amendment to the Automatic Firearms rule (page 14) yesterday. It's not earth-shattering so I think you will be happy with a printed v6.7.

#70 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

Version 6.9 official release.

Fix to "Fleeing from Combat" on page 12 - the test can be against Athletics or Fleeing.

Also updated with new Pelgrane Press logo on covers and Credits page.

#71 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

Version 7.0 official release.

Managed to squeeze some more vehicle rules into page 15 first column and page 23 call-out box.

#72 Heron

Heron

Neophyte

• 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:54 AM

In the latest version (7.0) of The Condensed Rules, on page 15, in the second paragraph under Vehicles Under Fires, ”engine block” and ”fuel tank” seem to have swapped places for some reason. This was correct in version 6.9.

What happened to that new document that you released? Was gonna download it, but you had then removed it.

Thanks Tony.

#73 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:03 AM

Good call - the engine block and fuel tank armour numbers are fixed now. Re-download for correct PDF.

The new document is only going to be allowed to be hosted on the Pelgrane Press website - I'll post in this thread when they have it up. I think everyone who likes the Condensed Rules PDF will find it exciting/useful.

Edited by Tony Williams, 14 May 2017 - 01:08 AM.

#74 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:19 PM

Version 7.1 official release.

Minor wording re-writes for rule clarifications

Page 17 - bottom of middle column - First Aid - better wording

Page 19 - middle column - Shaken ( investigative spend when shaken is optional rule not definite as per NBA )

Page 20 - Denying the Mythos - denial improves Sanity pool points as well as rating

Page 21 - False Sanity procedure - the 3 successful sessions must be contiguous ( not just consecutive ) and Sanity pool points are restored not just rating.

( Generally, in those situations there Sanity rating is affected up or down an equivalent bump or dip in pool points happens too. The converse is not the case i.e. if just Sanity pool points are affected then rating is not automatically affected too. )

#75 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

Enchiridion of Elucidation

Version 3.4 official release.

No changes or additions to anything of relevance to playing the game.

Updated Pelgrane Press logos.

Updated copyrights and credits.

Fixed a broken external weblink.

#76 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

Version 7.2 official release.

Page 17 - first column - First Aid whilst hurt - amended to show bonuses for being treated by a Doctor or Nurse

#77 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

Version 7.3 official release.

Page 24 - new outbox - Damage from Vehicle Accidents - some text taken out of page 15 (Vehicles Under Fire) and put in new outbox with expanded list of damage modifiers to coincide fully with NBA rules.

#78 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

Version 7.4 official release.

No actual text changes just a picture re-inserted into some dead space for prettiness.

Having been through all the GUMSHOE rulebooks and SRD lately for an upcoming ToC utility Pelgrane will be putting on their ToC resource page soon, I think this is THE final version of the Condensed Rules PDF ( barring Pelgrane changing any GUMSHOE rules or making a 2nd Edition ToC rulebook in the future ).

The Condensed Rules PDF now has all the crunch in the rulebook apart from the following rules:

i) In a purely Scuffling combat a blackjack user goes last ( in the words of Trump - "Bad rule, so, so bad," so I left it out. Well...really space precluded it ).

ii) Frustratingly I couldn't fit in a small table for Generic Firearm modifiers but you do have the big table for all specific firearms.

iii) Some occupations and abilities ( e.g. Disguise and Hypnotism ) have crunch involved - adding those bits would be taking the mickey I think - just consult the rulebook.

iv) Surprisingly I realised I had missed a rule all these years on page 125 of the ToC rulebook - "Split Ability Pools" for Mythos creatures. On reading through it did not seem to work as described and, unfortunately, the examples that follow contradict each other and the rule as written. In consultation with Simon at Pelgrane it has been left out. You can probably work out what it is getting at and work out a rule for yourself. The issue will not happen terribly often anyway.

Keep your eyes peeled for the Vade Mecum de Vestigio Cthulhus...

Edited by Tony Williams, 07 June 2017 - 11:08 AM.

#79 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Lesser Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

The Vade Mecum de Vestigio Cthulhus is now available for download,

Details in this thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Press Release