A while ago I started a pair of threads providing links to online material at Project Gutenberg that might be of interest to Keepers and Players alike. The original Project Gutenberg thread has reached its maximum possible size and can now be considered an archive.
This thread is it's replacement.
1. Useful books on Project Gutenberg & other online sources
3. Background resouces at Project Guttenberg
Online Resources List
1. Naval History and Heritage Command "S" Series Numbers. A collection of US Navy plans, many unbuilt that could be used in adventures, for example this floating airship hangar (Link) could make an interesting addition to Walker in the Wastes. Some pictures can only be accessed by directly typing the file number into the url bar (eg. 511xxx.jpg or 584xxx.jpg).
2. Contemporary One-Act Plays by Benjamin Roland Lewis et al.
3. The Harlot's Progress, The Rake's Progress by Anonymous, Cibber, and Klinger
4. Down Under With the Prince by Sara Jeannette Duncan (Illustrated html version is 2.5mb in size). An account of an early 1920's tour of Australia by the then Prince of Wales (Later Duke of Windsor).
5. Rambles in Dickens' Land by Robert Allbut (Illustrated html version is 1.6mb in size). Period tourist guide to locations associated with Charles Dickens.
6. Nooks and Corners of the New England Coast by Samuel Adams Drake (Illustrated html version is 11mb in size).
7. Astronomical Curiosities by J. Ellard Gore
8. Mysterious Psychic Forces by Camille Flammarion
9. Mount Everest the Reconnaissance, 1921 by Howard-Bury, Leigh-Mallory, and Wollaston (Illustrated html version is 7.5mb)
10. The Leopard Woman by Stewart Edward White (Illustrated html version is 1.1mb)
11. Strange New Gospels by Edgar J. Goodspeed
12. Forbidden books of the original New Testament by William Wake
13. Twilit Grotto: Archives of Western Esoterica
14. The Decadent by Ralph Adams Cram
15. The Illustrated Key to the Tarot by L. W. de Laurence (Illustrated html version is 4.4mb)
16. The Great Frozen Sea by Albert Hastings Markham (Illustrated html version is 3.9mb) Account of a British expedition to the Arctic in the mid 1870s.
17. Castles and Chateaux of Old Navarre and the Basque Provinces by M. F. Mansfield (Illustrated html version is 31mb)
18. Curious Epitaphs: Collected from the Graveyards of Great Britain and Ireland by William Andrews (Illustrated html version is 947kb)