• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 August20

August20

Neophyte

• Old Patron
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:57 AM

I was delighted to receive a package from my Secret Shoggoth today in the mail. Here's what was in the box:

mug.jpg
An absolutely beautiful (or should that be terrifying) Cthulhu mug of gargantuan proportions.

gifts.jpg
I also found a copy of Night of the Kachina (Chaosium Monograph) and a 1974 paperback edition of Clark Ashton Smith's Out of Space and Time.

Thank you, Secret Shoggoth (especially for the wonderful mug)!

Thanks to CAThompson for organizing Secret Shoggoth VI.

#42 Thom_Serveaux

Thom_Serveaux

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

While braving the arctic winds of winter while clearing a path for the cultists, a strange creature materialized from the æther. Beneath it's vitreous Stygian-coloured wings with their strange pulsating rhythms a single claw emerged bearing a strange package.
Spoiler
The strange parcel bared the symbols of the Royal Mail, and the steaming of the skin indicated that it had traversed the unknown planes to get here to my remote Canadian steading. Having reached it's destination, the creature began to dissipate in the air, rising up against the wind. My blood chilled looking at the sight.

Turning the package over, I noted that it was indeed a missive from my unknowable compatriot but the briefly scrawled message, would point away from the Isles of Albion.
Spoiler
Truly if co-ordinates were correct they were from a point near to that most unassailable continent Antarctica, where that dreaded city in the mountains and the doom of many Miskatonic University investigators lay far far to the south of me.

Retiring to my examination room, I held the contents of the package up to the light and was overjoyed to find that it was a Mythos tome I was previously unaware of!
Spoiler
The text by the mad Texan Jackson, and the indecipherable scrawls of the insane Wisconsinan Kovalic would present to me the chance of learning the secrets held inside this box.

My thanks, oh unknowable one, you have enriched my library immensely! And equally my thanks to CAThompson for arranging this Mythos book club.

#43 Badger

Badger

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:25 PM

Hrm. Starting to worry that my gifts were not received...
Designer of Eldritch Tomes for Chaosium, Pagan, MRP, GGP
www.squamousstudios.com || Twitter: @squamousstudios
The only way to escape terror is to bury yourself in it.

#44 Finn123

Finn123

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

Hrm. Starting to worry that my gifts were not received...

Me too.

Please remember to respond everyone. We like to know!

#45 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

same here. was my gift received? come on, folks...
christian lehmann

#46 K_Peterson

K_Peterson

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

I was very pleased to receive HPLHS' Shadow out of Time radio play on Christmas Eve. It's brilliant! Thank you Secret Shoggoth!

#47 Lammomedes

Lammomedes

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationPalm Bay, Florida

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

Just a heads up for those worrying about whether people received their gifts: some people did comment on gifts in the other thread as well, so make sure you check both places.
Just your neighborhood observer doing what he does: observes!

#48 Dystop

Dystop

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

Thanks to my secret shoggie for sending me some chaos-dollars! Just enough for a copy of the CoC rule-book!
Iä!

#49 SacredSpud

SacredSpud

Master

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:54 AM

Better late than never, I suppose... Mine arrived in a much timelier fashion than this posting suggests (Yithmas Eve Eve!), and I am quite enjoying my sack (well, thick envelope, really) of loot.

#50 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,505 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

Not really a "Secret Shoggoth" but it appears several people had a hand in it. ;) I just had to share (again) this wonderful poster that Helen surprised me with for Christmas.

Thank you to all involved!

xmas-2011-hpl-poster.jpg

"Never be cruel, never be cowardly. Remember – hate is always foolish and love is always wise. Always try to be nice and never fail to be kind."

– Doctor Who

#51 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

That's a fantastic gift, Paul. (Well done, Helen!)

I take it that will have pride of place in the Silver Lodge? :)

#52 gladius

gladius

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Immediately before attending a premier of The Whisperer in Darkness at a colleague's house, a mysterious package arrived on my doorstep last night. I refrained from opening it until this morning. I have documented my discoveries here in the name of Science (http://keepergladius...l.com/5120.html), but the following Polaroid may give you a hint of what was within...
Posted Image

Let me say that this far exceeded by expectations and I offer my profuse thanks to my secret shoggoth! The wait was worth it!

#53 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

First of all, I am in awe of the efforts your Secret Shoggoth went to. I immediately feel like I should have done so much more!

If you haven't already checked out Gladius' link, check it out now: http://keepergladius...l.com/5120.html

That, sir, is a piece of art. Gorgeous. Oh and I love the look of your site. I must return to read your Musings!

#54 gladius

gladius

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

The props are fantastic (although they are from the HPLHS - so of course it is to be expected!)

#55 CAThompson

CAThompson

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  • LocationChengdu, China

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:02 AM

Also, thanks to kindermord for his kind offering of Paranoia novels, my favorite kind. As soon as my proxy works again I'll be tunnling through the great firewall and reading it on the way to work.

#56 PaulFricker

PaulFricker

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

Thanks to my SS for a signed DVD copy of The Whisperer in Darkness. This was a great choice. I've not watched it yet, but am greatly looking forward to doing so.
The Good Friends of Jackson Elias : a Podcast about Call of Cthulhu.

#57 YunusWesley

YunusWesley

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationSatrapal Palace, Cykranosh

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

From the icy stones of Scotland to the riotous weeds of Georgia, Yoggite Noblesent me the swell games COLD CITY and HOT WAR, which arrived with on a day of unnatural frost. An integrated Tillinghast-Reich circuit is child's play to conceal within the paper folds of a package: perhaps Mr Noble is but a gnoph-keh's paw in a polar war, and the weather-weapon bound in the circuit's catadynamic grey space is, in fact, a puissant wendigo! Or... GHOST WENDIGO. Zomg campaign frame. Ahem.

photo(4).jpg

In an attempt to save my grudgingly beloved Atlanta from bawbags and wendigo, I shorted out the circuit on 250 million year old granitic gneiss. The unnatural flow in drainage ditch cut through the stone lent enough additional sha noise to at least give the villain a headache.

photo(5).jpg

Thank you Noble!!

Edited by YunusWesley, 09 January 2012 - 07:58 PM.
it were noble all along, see?

Yeah, I just killed a man for her. She don't even know my freakin' name. High school all over again.
They say you never outgrow it.

#58 Corum89

Corum89

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Mstr. Badger,

Thee Tomes wich Yew have lately sent hv been most helpful in our Endeavours. With them I shall be much Enlightened and may touch Ye Outer Spheres.

Yrs.

- Corum
"Screw your idea check! I poke it with a stick!" - Blatantly stolen from JDemlow

#59 Karloff

Karloff

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Many thanks to my Shoggoth! I'm afraid the Shantaks were shockingly lazy and didn't get it in quite as quick as might have been expected; whipping may solve this problem. ;) That said, the contents of the parcel were wonderful! I particularly liked the cookie cutter - how'd you know I bake? The books warrant further study, methinks . . .
Ephemera: where I talk about books and games.

#60 GoodyWatkins

GoodyWatkins

Breakfast Clubber

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thank you to my Secret Shoggoth for the wonderful gift of Fantasy Flight Games' Elder Sign. Apologize for the delay in acknowledging the extraordinary generosity but I have been lost in time and space.