62 replies to this topic

#21 christian

christian

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Thanks to my secret shoggoth for 50 beautiful original photographs from the 1920's apparently taken by an American sailor on a battleship, during his voyages around the world. Very inspiring, and oddly moving.... I can't thank you enough
christian lehmann

#22 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

Thank you to my shoggie for my pressies. Being an excellent mug from with a karken attacking an airship :D and an excellent sounding book Martian Ambassador by Alan K Baker.

If I knew who ye be I would hug you.

"karken"?

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#23 Thom_Serveaux

Thom_Serveaux

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

"karken"?

You know, that thing you relaese. :D

#24 Badger

Badger

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Thank you to my Secret Shoggoth for sending the cornucopia of books and games, mostly Dracula related, and the photocopy of Bunnies & Burrows! Now that's going back a few years...

-=badger
Designer of Eldritch Tomes for Chaosium, Pagan, MRP, GGP
www.squamousstudios.com || Twitter: @squamousstudios
The only way to escape terror is to bury yourself in it.

#25 GoodyWatkins

GoodyWatkins

Breakfast Clubber

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:43 AM

Thank you revealed Shoggoth Shane for your generous gift of Elder Sign! I shall tread the darkness and investigate where my nose and sanity do not belong to my heart's content!

And three hearty cheers for CAT for once again taking up this burden.

--Doctor Bob (Bob Dushay)

Through the dread night I ran. Twisted branch and tangled root clawing at my terrified form, stumbling to escape the angry mob. Pages from the soulless tomes I carried scattering in the midnight winds. The price of being revealed!

#26 AndyMcD52

AndyMcD52

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHatfield, Herts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

Kraken fats typing not paying attention

#27 AndyMcD52

AndyMcD52

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHatfield, Herts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

Kraken fats typing not paying attention

See

#28 Thom_Serveaux

Thom_Serveaux

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Kraken Fats, master of the non-Euclidian trick-shot in many of the finer R'lyeh billiard rooms.

#29 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

lulucthulhu would like to thank her Secret Shoggoth for sending her something tentacular as was suggested.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#30 johnnyhamper

johnnyhamper

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

If we needed any confirmation that the upstanding citizens and fetid cultists of this site were erudite, urbane, honed and fragrant then I now have that confirmation. Some paragon of kindness and standing has sent me a present (as yet unkown) with the following label......
"Esteemed brother,
I am aware that we share certain interests and preoccupations that most people would find disturbing to say the least. These interests have, of late, been leading down some dangerous paths. It is for this reason alone that I pass on to you the contents of this package, in the hope that they might aid you in your research. I implore you not to open the package until the solstice has come, for reasons I'm sure that a man of great learning, are aware of. The records contained within contain great knowledge, but equally, dire danger.

Good luck,
SS
Yog-sothoth Neblod Zin"

If this was you then you've made my Christmas before I've even opened it sir or madam. If you wish to make yourself known then please do.
Think on.

#31 ash

ash

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

I've received my Secret Shoggoth, thank you. I'll post a pic after I open it on Christmas Day. Come on guys you have to wait to open them that's not fair.
Unfathomable.

#32 AIEEE

AIEEE

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

I've been a little remiss it seems, in not thanking my not-so-secret Shoggoth. Since I hadn't opened it yet, I was going to wait till afterwards to thank you.

Whatever this mysterious package is, ta very much.

#33 ash

ash

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

It's Christmas morning here already and thank you very much to my Shoggy Matthew aka Lammomedes for the Mansions of Madness. I plan to play through these adventures with my gaming group next year. What's Cthulhu without a spooky house of horrors hey.
Thank you also for the beautiful card of British and French Dominions in North America in 1755. Absolutely fantastic!

Also to Finn, hope you liked your gifts from me. Good luck GMing Beyond the Mountains next year, I'm hoping your present will be helpful for further inspiration. Looking forward to listening.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Ash.
Unfathomable.

#34 AIEEE

AIEEE

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

Now that I've finally opened my present, thanks very much to my Secret Shoggoth for sending me the first book of the Dracula Papers.

I always thought Dracula was a bit Lovecraftian, what with the ancient, unknowable threat and the lunatic in a madhouse who dreams of it, so this ought to be a good read.

#35 johnnyhamper

johnnyhamper

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

Well a massive thank you to my SS who provided me with DVDs of 'Die Farbe' and 'The Thing.' Whoever you are, you are a scholar, a cast iron gentleman (or lady) and probably an acrobat. Exactly what I wanted and you've made a lowly acolyte very happy indeed.
Think on.

#36 CAThompson

CAThompson

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  • LocationChengdu, China

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

It is warming my heart to see happy shoggies and shoggoths abound. However many are silent as if hiding from investigators. Please let me know if your gift hasn't arrived, if it has then please let everyone know here.

Thanks for being part of this.

#37 Dave Glyer

Dave Glyer

Master

• Patron Premium
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

A mysterious parcel was slid greasily under my door. After removing the putrifying wrappings, I discovered a shiny new copy of Miskatonic University! A most excellent Yithmas gift indeed. Many thanks Secret Shoggoth!!
- Their hand is at your throat -

#38 Fin

Fin

Breakfast Clubber

• Innsmouth House Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

http://www.yog-sotho...65&d=1325001610

Upon opening my gifts I was delighted to find not only a Moleskine Notebook and collection of short stories from my favorite living SF author, but also the first volume of the German 2nd edition Beyond the Mountains of Madness!

It's so pretty:oops: Every page has illustrations or maps or period photos and the material quality of the book itself is phenominal.

Thank you so very much
Fin

#39 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

I think I received a misterious package on my Miami address, but unfortunately, it won´t be until next year when they will bring it, so until then...
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

Listen to us playing in Skype of Cthulhu

#40 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

A huge thank you to my Secret Shoggoth for the mind-bogglingly gorgeous poster from the HPLHS The Call of Cthulhu film. I am definitely getting that framed and putting it up on my wall. Pictures will ensue.

Thank you also for the 1920's ocean liner pack which I already have plans to use in an upcoming scenario.

All in all, I couldn't be happier! Thanks so much. And think for using Innsmouth House as well. :)