• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 CynthiaCM

CynthiaCM

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

I was informed just this morning that there will be a full review on RPG.net very soon.

Pookie, if you post a review, please let me know, okay?

#22 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

I was informed just this morning that there will be a full review on RPG.net very soon.

Pookie, if you post a review, please let me know, okay?

Cynthia, it is on the list to review though I am not sure when I will get to this. I will certainly let you when the review is done and posted.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#23 neorxnawang

neorxnawang

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Tension scenes instead of combat? Using literary narrative to resolve conflict? +1. Sold.

#24 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

I like the sound of this narrative tension. Nifty.

I'd like to see it in operation. :)

#25 Newbunkle

Newbunkle

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

It sounds very interesting. I'd love to read someone's Actual Play report if they try it out.
It's beginning to look a lot like fishmen...

#26 JonHook

JonHook

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:44 AM

Cynthia, it looks like Parsons, KS, is only about three hours south of Kansas City. There is a large annual gaming convention November 10th - 13th called KC Game Fair. I know it's kind of last minute, but would you be able to come up here and demo the game?

I'm attending on Friday night and all day on Saturday. I'm running a Mansions of Madness game in the morning game slot on Saturday, and a Call of Cthulhu scenario in the afternoon game slot on Saturday. So if you were able to run a demo on either Friday night or Saturday night, I'd love to join-in.

KC Game Fair: http://www.kcgamefair.com/

#27 DrVincent

DrVincent

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

I just purchased the PDF version from RPGNow and I've only read the first dozen pages or so and I can't wait to read the rest. Thus far it is extremely well written and easy to follow. I just had to pause for a moment to drop a quick note to my fellow Yoggies and say "Wow, this book is just what I've been waiting for in the Lovecraftian gaming genre."
Now back to reading :)

Dr. V
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity because our realtor was a lying, cheating, crazy, cultist jerk.

#28 JudoMonk

JudoMonk

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

Your business is very much appreciated, JudoMonk.

It will be available through DrivethruRPG's print program. I would like to get them into stores too, but at the time of release, that'll be where you can get it.

I called them up today and was told that there is no printed version, least from DrivethruRPG's print program , going to be released anytime soon.

#29 CynthiaCM

CynthiaCM

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

Tension scenes instead of combat? Using literary narrative to resolve conflict? +1. Sold.

Glad to hear it. I hope you like what Macabre Tales has to offer.

#30 CynthiaCM

CynthiaCM

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

Much appreciated. I think you'll find that it operates very fluidly in practice.

#31 CynthiaCM

CynthiaCM

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

It sounds very interesting. I'd love to read someone's Actual Play report if they try it out.

I would love to see this too, as it would be the perfect chance for folks to see how the game system performs "in the field" so to speak.

#32 CynthiaCM

CynthiaCM

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

Cynthia, it looks like Parsons, KS, is only about three hours south of Kansas City. There is a large annual gaming convention November 10th - 13th called KC Game Fair. I know it's kind of last minute, but would you be able to come up here and demo the game?

I'm attending on Friday night and all day on Saturday. I'm running a Mansions of Madness game in the morning game slot on Saturday, and a Call of Cthulhu scenario in the afternoon game slot on Saturday. So if you were able to run a demo on either Friday night or Saturday night, I'd love to join-in.

KC Game Fair: http://www.kcgamefair.com/

I wish I could make it, but I have family obligations that weekend. Sorry about that.

#33 CynthiaCM

CynthiaCM

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

I just purchased the PDF version from RPGNow and I've only read the first dozen pages or so and I can't wait to read the rest. Thus far it is extremely well written and easy to follow. I just had to pause for a moment to drop a quick note to my fellow Yoggies and say "Wow, this book is just what I've been waiting for in the Lovecraftian gaming genre."
Now back to reading :)

Dr. V

Your words made my day. Thank you so much. It pleases me to know that you're enjoying the book so much.

#34 CynthiaCM

CynthiaCM

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

I called them up today and was told that there is no printed version, least from DrivethruRPG's print program , going to be released anytime soon.

I just uploaded the final files for print an hour ago. I'm just waiting on approval by the printers that RPGnow/DriveThru goes through.

There will be a b&w softcover version and a full-color hardback version.

#35 JudoMonk

JudoMonk

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

I just uploaded the final files for print an hour ago. I'm just waiting on approval by the printers that RPGnow/DriveThru goes through.

WOW! There will be both a softcover and hardback version of the game...great!

#36 JudoMonk

JudoMonk

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

Give us a shout out when print version is ready to buy....

#37 PhoneCallOfCthulhu

PhoneCallOfCthulhu

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Yes. I hope that the hardcover will fit in my RPG price range. In any case, it will make for a nice Christmas gift.

#38 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

Brilliant news! Looking forward to picking this up.

Any chance a few copies will be available through Innsmouth House? :)

#39 CynthiaCM

CynthiaCM

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

Will do.

#40 CynthiaCM

CynthiaCM

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Yes. I hope that the hardcover will fit in my RPG price range. In any case, it will make for a nice Christmas gift.

I think you'll find the hardback's $27 price tag to be pretty affordable, as far as hardbacks go anyway. :)

The softcover version will be $19.99.