Photo
- - - - -

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land (Mobile Game)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Karloff

Karloff

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

Ephemera, in which I ramble on a bit about this latest game from Red Wasp.
Ephemera: where I talk about books and games.

#22 Nvision

Nvision

Master

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

I really want to like this game, getting both a decent strategy title and one steeped in the Mythos is a huge deal. However, even after the recent update, there are a lot of bits that make it feel like a pre-release beta. Controls are still hit and miss. Many times attempting to tap/hold to attack an enemy simply selects them (which seems to have no real purpose), or sends the character on a romp across the battlefield. Making purchases in the store is also a bit of a muddle. Another thing which really irks me, especially for a story-driven game, are the number of errors in the text. Things like "21th," "no time to loose," and even misspelling main character names really does the narrative a disservice.

These should be simple matters to iron out, so I'm hoping they get addressed in future updates. The art direction is very good, gameplay is pretty solid, and the story is reminiscent of my first foray into the RPG proper. This has the potential to be a fantastic game.

#23 cpt_machine

cpt_machine

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationDoncaster, UK

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

Here is my review of the game, sorry its squashed because its been a while since I did some video editing.

"I have always been my own teacher, and I must confess I am also my favorite pupil"
-Lestat

Captain Machine's UK Gaming Vlog
www.youtube.com/cptmachine

#24 Debauchery

Debauchery

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Just finished playing this on the iPhone 4. Yes, some issues selecting characters with my brutish hands but I must say that it was fantastic to have Cthulhu based content in my current environment; a security posting out on a dusty road in the desert. The enemy attacks with machine guns did almost cause total SAN loss for the paramedic in the adjoining room...hehe.

I really liked the 'chanting/speech' of the 'Cthulhoids' in the final stage; very eerie.

#25 Debauchery

Debauchery

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

On this note, does anyone know where I can source the speech of the 'Cthulhoids' from the last stage of the game? It would be a welcome addition to my sound archives.

#26 fubarinpa

fubarinpa

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Tomas Rawlings of Red Wasp Design (makers of Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land video game) was not only nice enough to do an interview with me, but thanked us in the credits of the game!

And it looks like I'm the first to break the news that new DLC for Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is on the way!

Sadly he revealed my secret identity. I'm going to need Zatanna, Agent K, and a Mi-Go brain cylinder.

CoCWL_credits1cxczccxcxcxcxc.png

#27 ErikB

ErikB

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:55 AM

For those of us too poor to afford an iPad, this is apparently now out for PC via something call Intel Appup:-

http://www.appup.com...the-wasted-land
You can take my Tommy Gun from my cold dead hands

#28 sraymonds

sraymonds

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

The game is currently free on iTunes.

#29 Quinjet

Quinjet

Master

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Played it on my PC and loved it.

Took a bit of time to get used to the controls as they can be either too sensitive or too sluggish due to the ipad port but perseverance paid off and I'm looking forward to the next instalment, where it is said you play as a cultist.

#30 vincentVV

vincentVV

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:27 PM

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land

Anyone tried it? I'm playing now and it's really cool. The atmosphere, the plot... Very nice.

After 6 or 7 missions I see only 2 major disadvantages:

1) the camera jumping when firing - I really got a sea-sickness... ((

2) Too much of different monsters as enemies. It's... well quite not logical and looks as if the authors decided to put as much of them as they could.

Don't read the spoiler if you haven't played! =)

Spoiler

#31 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,371 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:33 PM

Threads merged.

#32 vincentVV

vincentVV

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:30 PM

An interesting thing is that I haven't found this thread by using search function. o_O

Anyway, thanks.