• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 cyberNurgle

cyberNurgle

Master

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

this is some great stuff. I would also like to see some 1920s sheets too. If you have the time of course.

Join YSDC Today

#22 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:18 AM

this is some great stuff. I would also like to see some 1920s sheets too. If you have the time of course.

Hey cyberNurgle ... I've already taken a crack at a 1920s (Art Deco) sheet. You can find it here on the YS forums at http://www.yog-sotho...r-1920s-Cthulhu.

Dean

#23 cyberNurgle

cyberNurgle

Master

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:59 AM

Oh there it is. Sorry about that. Great job.

#24 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Would photos help? I have at least 500 actual photos of people from the 1850s through the 1930s, and while I haven't even scanned them all in yet, I could make a nice selection available for people to populate their personae with.

Photos would be definitely an extremely useful thing to round out these sheets ... Indeed I was only yesterday searching on Google Images to track down some character-sheet pictures for Gaslight investigators who will be pre-generated characters for a scenario I'm typesetting. If I had access to your cache of period photos (whether hosted here on YS, or elsewhere .. say flickr) , that would be a definite first port of call for this kind of thing.

It'd be even more useful if you decided to release your scans under a Creative Commons license as that would eliminate any question about whether these were images in the "public domain" vs copyrighted.

Dean (from Adelaide)

#25 LordKrieg

LordKrieg

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

Greetings,

I am not sure why I have not run across this thread before, but I must say I LOVE the character sheet. The "green fairy" makes me want to go home tonight and have some absinthe. :)

I am working on one for the Wild West.
Yours in the Mythos.
Lord Krieg

#26 HomoLupusDomesticus

HomoLupusDomesticus

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:52 AM

Perfect!

RPGbericht (Dutch)

#27 JulieH

JulieH

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

Was thinking - is there a better place to start a thread for "pictures and props" and just post stuff I find that might be interesting for folks to use as players' aids?

And maybe even take requests (if people need something specific and i have it)?
--Julie Hoverson
Serendipity's Circle
19 Nocturne Boulevard
www.19nocturneboulevard.com

#28 PoC

PoC

Paul of Cthulhu

• Administrator
  • 14,260 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

Good idea. I will split this thread and make a new one for character pictures.

Getting something from Amazon? Why not use our Amazon Affiliate page?
It costs you nothing and we get a little help in return.

#29 JulieH

JulieH

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

Excellent! Thanx!

Now let's hope I can find it again....
LOL
--Julie Hoverson
Serendipity's Circle
19 Nocturne Boulevard
www.19nocturneboulevard.com

#30 JuliaQuenton

JuliaQuenton

Initiate

• 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

That is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks a lot, I just went to download it :)

#31 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

That is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks a lot, I just went to download it :)

Hi Julia,

Glad you like the sheet ... BTW, as folks who have bought Chaosium's 3rd Edition "Cthulhu by Gaslight" would have seen, a version of this character sheet made it into that book. So I guess it's sorta the "official" design, which is very gratifying :-)

Dean (from Adelaide)

FREE high-quality Call of Cthulhu scenarios in PDF: cthulhureborn.wordpress.com

#32 JuliaQuenton

JuliaQuenton

Initiate

• 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hi Julia,

Glad you like the sheet ... BTW, as folks who have bought Chaosium's 3rd Edition "Cthulhu by Gaslight" would have seen, a version of this character sheet made it into that book. So I guess it's sorta the "official" design, which is very gratifying :-)

Dean (from Adelaide)

:) That's cool. You deserve it! I brought the book recently but it hasn't come yet. I'll have to see if your sheet is in it when it arrives :)
I've only ever played the 1920's version but I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan so as soon as I found out about the Victorian London version I was determined to have a go xD

#33 PoC

PoC

Paul of Cthulhu

• Administrator
  • 14,260 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

If you're a Sherlock Holmes fan you might want to try and track down a copy of Cthulhu by Gaslight 1st or 2nd edition which has a scenario featuring the Consulting Detective (The Yorkshire Horrors).

Getting something from Amazon? Why not use our Amazon Affiliate page?
It costs you nothing and we get a little help in return.

#34 JuliaQuenton

JuliaQuenton

Initiate

• 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

:o oooohhh, that sounds awesome. Thanks, I'll see what I can find on e-bay xD

#35 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

:o oooohhh, that sounds awesome. Thanks, I'll see what I can find on e-bay xD

I definitely agree with PoC that it is well worth owning both editions, since they are kinda complementary in the way they treat the 1890s setting. The new, 3rd Edition, does still have a reasonable amount of material that will support Holmes-fans in running a Holmesian style of game. But it does remove Bill Barton's lengthy "Yorkshire Horrors" (also excellent) and replaces it with two wonderful new scenarios which capture the 1890s in a slightly less detective-y way.

I'm glad to have both in my collection (... or at least I will be, when my copy of Gaslight 3E hardcopy finally arrives).

Dean

#36 Cole

Cole

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationBucks County, PA

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Dean, have you built one of these for 7e yet?   Is that already with Chaosium ... that we might beg them to release as well?  I'm hoping to launch a 7e gaslight campaign next month (provided demands at the office settle down to allow me some prep time).  I would love to use your new sheet.

Playing/Running:  Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3e, Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, Night's Black Agents

Philly-area gamer?  http://meetup.com/GamePodz

#37 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

Dean, have you built one of these for 7e yet?   Is that already with Chaosium ... that we might beg them to release as well?  I'm hoping to launch a 7e gaslight campaign next month (provided demands at the office settle down to allow me some prep time).  I would love to use your new sheet.

Hi Cole ... short answer is, yes I *have* created a Gaslight 7e sheet (it's one of the 10 different sheet designs I have created for 7e) ... the designs and the PDF are finished and with Chaosium, although I have no idea of a timeframe for release.

Mike is the man to beg :-)

Dean (from Adelaide)

#38 MikeM

MikeM

Chaosium Inc.

• Publisher
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hi

You want investigator sheets? You want new ones for Invictus, Dark Ages, Dreamlands, Gaslight and others as well? You want them as pdfs with autocalc inbuilt to write in half and fifth values, damage bonus, etc, automatically? 

Good thing that Dean has done a fantastic job on producing all of this then! :-P

I have no hard dates for release to give you - but:

1920s & Modern Era sheets - out with 7e to backers, and to the public thereafter from the Chaosium website.

Other settings  - out to appropriate 7e backers (i.e. ones who pledged extra for it etc) with the Cthulhu Through The Ages booklet, then available to public thereafter from the Chaosium website.

Pulp Cthulhu sheet - out to to 7e backers who pledged extra for Pulp Cthulhu, when that books comes out, both book and sheets available to public thereafter from the Chaosium website.

Sorry I can't get them to you early - it's important that we fulfil 7e backers first. They will be out 'soon'.

Thanks

Mike

Mike M, Line Editor for Call of Cthulhu, Chaosium Inc.

#39 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

BTW: for those who are curious about what the 7e sheets will look like ... a while back I leaked a "teaser" image over on the Cthulhu Reborn blog which shows parts of seven of the sheets (including the Gaslight sheet, which is still Art-Nouveau inspired, but now has a more "mahogany & brass" kind of look to it).

Check out the bottom half of this blog posting for the image in question: the Gaslight sheet is fourth from the front in the virtual stack of pages.

This image also gives a hint about how the new sheets incorporate the derived half-values/fifth-values for each characteristic and skill -- for each there's a large box which records the full value and two smaller boxes stacked to the side of that which show the derived values in a smaller font. The idea is to have all the values pre-calculated and at your fingertips while you game but avoid the sheet looking like a "cluttered up" wall of numbers.

Dean (from Adelaide)

Edited by dce, 21 March 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#40 Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

I love your stylings Dean but I'm a bit saddened by the removal of things like "preferred speakeasy", "preferred absinthe", "preferred bathhouse." I guess they strayed a bit too far from the rules but they brought a smile to my face.