#41 eyeharvester

eyeharvester

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationA fog-shrouded valley amongst mountain fastnesses

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

My, what a confusing story those boys had to tell! Still, I'm pleased to hear that the PCs eventually got the Gist of it...

I sympathize with your troubles with Skype, BTW. If my players weren't all good friends of mine, I wouldn't bother to use the thing at all, what with all the trouble it gives.
"The Universe has no obligation to be reassuring."
--Anders Sandberg

#42 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

I sympathize with your troubles with Skype, BTW.

Well, yes, this week was pretty bad, but as you are saying we rather play with the technical issues than not play at all :D, plus I loved it when
Spoiler

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

Listen to us playing in Skype of Cthulhu

#43 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

Session 2 of The Plantation is now available.

010 - The Plantation 02

Charleston, South Carolina
Sunday, September 07, 1924

After a most eventual night on the train, our team arrives in Charleston where they are met by the local constabulary.

#44 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

The podcast feed has not moved, and the existing links will redirect correctly, but Skype of Cthulhu is now at a new domain:

http://www.cthulhu.me/

#45 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:04 AM

Monday, September 08, 1924

Although reunited with Mr. Williams, finally arrived from Providence, the team finds that Mr. Ballentine has mysteriously disappeared with a promise to join them later. The group meets Mr. Elihu Winsworthy, friend to Prof. Albert Gist, who will drive them out to the Gist Plantation. Where Dr. Larson ... becomes angry ...

011 - The Plantation 03

#46 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

In the early morning hours, Mr. Ballentine is awakened early by a knock at his door. He is about to receive an offer he can not refuse, from a mysterious black-suited figure.

012 - Frank Ballentine's Remarkable Morning

#47 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

Mr. Ballentine is reunited with Mr. Ratcliffe, Mr. Williams, and Dr. Larson as they are joined by two gentlemen who claim to have been on a river trip gone wrong. Dr. Larson is still intent on storming off to rescue Joe's sister, but the group is distracted by Joe's arrival - as well as the thing chasing him.

013 - The Plantation 04

#48 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

Trapped in the plantation house with night falling and hordes of cultists arriving, the investigators attempt to infiltrate and disrupt the coming ceremony.

014 - The Plantation 05

#49 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

Mr. Bartz sets out into the swamp in pursuit of his new compatriots, as Mr. Winsworthy goes for help. The rest of the group finds themselves trapped underground, beset by horrors they could have dreamed existed.

015 - The Plantation 06

#50 Lady_Hawkeye

Lady_Hawkeye

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:24 AM

Hey guys,

Just finished listening to the last podcast and it was great as usual.

The new players fit very well into the group.Listening to the last episode,I'm thinking that while the Bradford Players have Neil when it comes to a bad dice rolling at a critical time,you guys seem to have Mark for the job ;)

I'm loving the sub plot involving Mr Ballantine with his new position and new fancy suit.

those little sound effects still work very well and add to the setting.

Can't wait for the next episode.

keep up the good work.

Catherine

#51 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

Thank you for the kind words Catherine, glad you are enjoying our adventures.

I appreciate the feedback on the sound effects. When I first included them (live) I was really not sure whether they would too much trouble to manage (they're not) or too distracting. Everyone who has commented on their use has been positive, and they add to our own enjoyment while planing.

Unfortunately, Ed is leaving us after completing The Plantation. He was going to stick around through the end of the scenario, but had some serious technical issues that kept him out of Session 05, which is why we just left him tied up.

I'm certain we'll be seeing more of the Gamma Red agents in the future. Hopefully we'll be able to entice Ed back for a cameo from time to time as well.

#52 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:25 AM

Skype of Cthulhu presents an untitled Call of Cthulhu Noir scenario by <a href="http://www.yog-sothoth.com/members/7260-TeaWithGhouls">Seth Williams</a>.

Los Angeles, California
Friday, January 25, 1946

We take a break from the Providence Cycle, to move to Los Angeles in the 1940s. The glitz and glamor of Hollywood has been tarnished by a series of brutal murders which the police and corner's office have been unable to explain. While in a small West Hollywood apartment, a refugee from the War in Europe dreams strange dreams and learns the music from out of the blackness.

016 - Untitled Noir 01

#53 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

Los Angeles, California
Friday, January 25, 1946

Mr. Vargas discovers the horrors recorded on the mysterious film, while Mr. Diktiyarenko is attacked in his apartment by a freakishly large and strong man in a black cloak. Fortunately for all, Jr. Detective Samuel Gritz of the L.A.P.D. has been assigned the case!

017 - Untitled 02 (Noir Cycle)

#54 Butters

Butters

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:02 AM

Really liking this and I can't wait to see how it all turns out very suspenseful so far.

#55 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

I agree! I haven't been able to play so far, and it is very interesting to listen to. Seth is doing a good job with this scenario.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

#56 trevlix

trevlix

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

Just started on The Plantation series. Great job - keep em coming!

#57 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:09 AM

Since the Keeper for our Noir Cycle was away on Father's Day related activities, Randall ran a one-shot scenario. Which ended up taking 3.5 hours to complete (and really, we rushed it), so I had to split the single session into two parts.

Skype of Cthulhu presents Wasted Youth, from New Tales of the Miskatonic Valley published by Miskatonic River Press.

Arkham, Massachusetts

The children of Arkham are on spring break, and engaging in a shocking and unprecedented amount of juvenile delinquency.

018 - Wasted Youth 01 (One-Shot)
019 - Wasted Youth 02 (One-Shot)

#58 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:09 AM

Since the Keeper for our Noir Cycle was away on Father's Day related activities, Randall ran a one-shot scenario. Which ended up taking 3.5 hours to complete (and really, we rushed it), so I had to split the single session into two parts.

I apologize in advance for any crimes against the language :).Also, the scenario is much better than I presented it, but it seems that non face2face sessions take a little bit longer, therefore I needed to take some shortcuts.

#59 TravelerJim

TravelerJim

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

Los Angeles, California
Friday, January 25, 1946

Mr. Vargas and Detective Gritz have gone catatonic as a result of viewing the mysterious Nazi film, leaving the remaining investigators to go alone in search of the owner.

020 - Untitled 03 (Noir Cycle)

#60 Butters

Butters

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:15 AM

No apolgises necessary I've really enjoyed this unusual adventure and I will be checking out M.R.P and buying their New tales on the strength of it. So if you say this adventure is even better then I think its going to be money well spent.
More Cthulhu goodness is never a bad thing so thanks for uploading this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Press Release