#41 cpt_machine

cpt_machine

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationDoncaster, UK

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

I'm like a kid in a candy store with this new Britannia stuff, british source books written by british writers to help capture the spirit of the country running in the best RPG out there.
"I have always been my own teacher, and I must confess I am also my favorite pupil"
-Lestat

Captain Machine's UK Gaming Vlog
www.youtube.com/cptmachine

#42 Jon Hodgson

Jon Hodgson

Master

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

I thought you good ladies and gentlemen might be interested in this short promotional film showing some of the artwork from the forthcoming Shadows over Scotland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Of4cgLm1M
Taken from the Cubicle7TV channel on Youtube.

#43 JonHook

JonHook

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

Wow. That looks cool as hell. I can't wait. Thanks for the peek! ;)

#44 Noble

Noble

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

Well Mr StuartB you had me with your first posting on this book, and now I have seen the above ad I'am even more sure then a can antiperspirant. I will be counting the days until I can my sassenach paws on it.
The static in my mind, leaves me hollow and unkind.

#45 GreveMagnus

GreveMagnus

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

Top-notch stuff! Can't wait for this wee beastie to surface from the Cubicle 7 loch! :)

#46 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

Top-notch stuff! Can't wait for this wee beastie to surface from the Cubicle 7 loch! :)

Thanks, Noble, Greve and Jon. I too can't wait to see this beast of a project transformed into glorious hardcover! ;)

#47 cpt_machine

cpt_machine

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationDoncaster, UK

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

I'm ashamed to say that I dont know that much about scotland to run a 1920 games in it and be comfortable I got alot of the details right, I cant wait for this book.
"I have always been my own teacher, and I must confess I am also my favorite pupil"
-Lestat

Captain Machine's UK Gaming Vlog
www.youtube.com/cptmachine

#48 Xipuloxx

Xipuloxx

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

WANT WANT WANT :8E:

...so much lovely stuff coming soon, how will I afford it all? :-?
Fear Me, for I am Quaadzelaan Xipuloxx! All hail Xipuloxx the Unsound!

(But you can call me Mark.)

#49 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

WANT WANT WANT :8E:

...so much lovely stuff coming soon, how will I afford it all? :-?

Hmm, well going on some of the activities that people get up to in the book to make money, you could...

• call upon a Great Old Ones to help you
  • gate into your local shop one night
  • convince others of the utter hopelessness of human existence and pilfer their homes while they are distracted
  • make your bank manager your mindless slave
  • sell your auntie
  • join a cult (if you haven't already) and use the power(s) you've gained to line your pockets and, thereby, afford the books you want
  • go adventuring!

Just some thoughts, although I can only really recommend the final bullet point. ;)

#50 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

Quick Update:

Shadows Over Scotland has gone into layout. Not long now!

#51 Paddurz

Paddurz

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationWest (Best) Coast of Sweden

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

Quick Update:

Shadows Over Scotland has gone into layout. Not long now!

Hello StuartB, any updates you can give us? It's been a wee bit quiet for the last month or so... I'm having issues with the Cubicle-7 website at moment as well, it doesn't show at all actually, so I canät check there for the latest progress.

Curiosity only grows when it cannot be satisfied... Thanks in advance. TTFN, Paddurz.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

http://twitter.com/paddurz

#52 Eric Lofgren

Eric Lofgren

Neophyte

• 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hi Stuart, (and all the rest!) I just wanted to chime in and say how much I enjoyed my part in this. My involvement wasn't large, by any means, but I still was honoured to have been included with such an awesome set of talent. Can't wait for this one to come out :)

#53 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hello, Paddurz and Eric,

Apologies for the quietness but that is largely due to teaching and a few research deadlines at work. Normally I would be giving updates more regularly.

The layout for Shadows Over Scotland is nearing completion and I am hoping to see the full 288-page proof for a final check before it goes off to the printer.

There has been some delay because of competing priorities. Namely, work on The One Ring project--surely to be a hit for Cubicle 7--has complicated things. Being a huge Lord of the Rings fan and understanding financial necessities, I find it hard to fault this logic. Having said that, things are on track, even though the track is a bit longer--and I should be seeing the layout proof shortly. I will absolutely 100% promise here and now to post when I've got the proof in my hands, as it were. The PDF and then the glorious hardcover itself should follow apace. I will post updates as soon as I can.

Eric, let me take the opportunity to thank you--and I'll extend that to all the artists--for the amazing work that you all have done. I've seen roughly half that artwork and it blew me away. Some truly amazing work here and, as you say, by such a great group of artists! I can't wait to see it incorporated into the layout (which is fantastic and has a great 1920s feel) in the final product.

So there, folks, a wee update and more to follow. :D

p.s. I've created an Author page on Facebook to try to bring together much of the published art and to provide updates for my FB friends. If anyone is interested, come take a look at: https://www.facebook.com/boon.stuart

Edited by StuartB, 10 April 2011 - 08:59 PM.
added p.s.

#54 neilford

neilford

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

Hello StuartB, any updates you can give us? It's been a wee bit quiet for the last month or so... I'm having issues with the Cubicle-7 website at moment as well, it doesn't show at all actually, so I canät check there for the latest progress.

Curiosity only grows when it cannot be satisfied... Thanks in advance. TTFN, Paddurz.

The webiste is been migrated to an new hosting provider and server. Unfortunately the person responsible got taken I'll during the transfer, hence the continued downtime. We are hoping to have the site back up as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can always visit our forums at http://cubicle7.clic...ubicle7&act=idx to ask about product progress.

- Neil.

#55 Paddurz

Paddurz

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationWest (Best) Coast of Sweden

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

Many thanks to StuartB and neilford for this incredibly quick and clear answer. Looking forward to the release, it certainly is worth waiting for!

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

http://twitter.com/paddurz

#56 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:45 PM

Many thanks to StuartB and neilford for this incredibly quick and clear answer. Looking forward to the release, it certainly is worth waiting for!

Thanks very much, Paddurz. That means a lot. As I see it, this is my chance to give back to all those writers, artists and designers who've given me so many great role-playing experiences. With Shadows, I've done my utmost to add a little something to the Call of Cthulhu canon.

Cheers! :)

#57 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

I have just received the full layout work-up on Shadows Over Scotland just this morning. I'm at work and can't really get into it until tonight, but Sarah Newton, editor extraordinaire, has already given it a high-level pass, declaring on FB: "Just done my first high-level layout pass on Shadows Over Scotland - looking gorgeous! Onwards and then to print, my babies...! XD" :)

After this edit, I think we've got one more before Shadows goes into print. We're almost there!

#58 Xipuloxx

Xipuloxx

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hooray! So, when might we hope for it? June, maybe? Or even sooner?

#59 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'm always hoping for sooner. Of course the PDF will be released even sooner. Neil or Angus might be able to shed more light here.

In the meantime, I'll keep updates coming.

#60 Xipuloxx

Xipuloxx

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

Thanks, Stuart. I don't really know when I'll have a chance to use any of the stuff from the book; I don't imagine I'll be running anything in Scotland for the foreseeable future. But I still want the book! Who knows, with Avalon and Scotland and Folklore (no word on when that'll be out?), I may end up running a British campaign in the near future after all...