198 replies to this topic

#21 Ken29A

Ken29A

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

As someone who works in the Auld Grey Toon, aka St Andrews, and not some Lovecraftian creation, I'm looking forward to this one. :)

#22 yockenthwaite

yockenthwaite

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationDundee, Scotland

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

As someone who works in the Auld Grey Toon, aka St Andrews, and not some Lovecraftian creation, I'm looking forward to this one. :)

I'll be interested from a local perspective too. I went to university there, and lived there for some years as a result.

#23 gordon_mck

gordon_mck

Neophyte

• 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

Dundee is not just a giant council estate, it's got cake, jute and trade unionism! Oh man, I can't believe you picked a coastal medieval town, with it's internationally acclaimed university and the spiritual home of golf. I mean the hauntings and murders in the stone walled back alleys of creepy old St Andrews are no competition for jute, how would we transport our potatoes?

also, cake is way better.

#24 sraymonds

sraymonds

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

I don't think I've ever seen or heard the word "jute" until this thread.

#25 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Dundee is not just a giant council estate, it's got cake, jute and trade unionism! Oh man, I can't believe you picked a coastal medieval town, with it's internationally acclaimed university and the spiritual home of golf. I mean the hauntings and murders in the stone walled back alleys of creepy old St Andrews are no competition for jute, how would we transport our potatoes?

also, cake is way better.

Also, do not forget about the marmalade.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#26 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

Is it possible that the world is ready for a scenario entitled 'The Coffee Cake of Cthulhu'?

Are the star-shaped blocks of sugar right? Some clearly think so!

Edited by StuartB, 17 January 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#27 GreveMagnus

GreveMagnus

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:34 AM

Stuart, I can't believe you missed your chance to write up The Broons for CoC! Help ma Boab! :D

Dundee is obviously just gonna have to get a whole book of its own.

#28 distanttraveller

distanttraveller

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationDarkest Dortmund

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:45 AM

In addition to 7 scenarios (see below)

Are the scenarios specifically set in the "classic" period of the 1920s or do the cover other eras also (as those in "Cthulhu Britannica")?
"Of all my states of mind I liked the snow the best."
(from an obituary notice)

#29 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:06 AM

Stuart, I can't believe you missed your chance to write up The Broons for CoC! Help ma Boab! :D

Dundee is obviously just gonna have to get a whole book of its own.

HA! Can you imagine!

Investigator 1: 'Och, whit's tha doon ther?! Jings!'
Investigator 2: 'Crivvens! Tha's auld Cthulhu hisself! Quit yer greetin' an' skirlin' and run, ya haverin' eedjit!'

#30 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

Are the scenarios specifically set in the "classic" period of the 1920s or do the cover other eras also (as those in "Cthulhu Britannica")?

Hello, distanttraveller :)

These are 'classic' scenarios set in 1920s Scotland, yes. They could be tweaked to other time periods of course. 1890s to 1930s would be the simplest, moving them into the modern era would require more effort. In the 1930s, for example, you could have scenarios that coincide with the Loch Ness monster sightings.

Edited by StuartB, 19 January 2011 - 09:13 AM.
added a little Nessie

#31 squiffy

squiffy

Master

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

Looks splendid, have we got a release date yet? :D
I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.

#32 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hello, Squiffy. :)

The final manuscript is with Cubicle 7 editor, Sarah Newton (of Legends of Anglerre/Starblazer Adventures fame). So it's final days now. Art is done and layout is ready to go.

I'm not 100% sure how quickly things go from layout to hardcovers on the shelves--other Yoggies could probably chime in with a realistic timeframe--but I could guess end of February or early March? Of course, people who have pre-ordered will see the PDF before that.

#33 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hello, Squiffy. :)
Of course, people who have pre-ordered will see the PDF before that.

Preorder? What?! When?! Where?!! I would like both PDF and heavy/high shipping costs book, thanks.

Edited by WiseWolf, 27 April 2011 - 03:27 PM.

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

Listen to us playing in Skype of Cthulhu

#34 neilford

neilford

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

You can preorder the book and PDF bundle here. US orders are shipped from our US warehouse, reducing shipping costs. The book is currently slated for a February release.

I have a meeting in the office tomorrow, so I will get an update and see how on track the book is.

- Neil.

#35 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

Cheers, Neil.

Wisewolf, sorry I thought I'd mentioned the link somewhere but I guess I hadn't. It's been in my signature the whole time, though. ;)

Click or copy/paste: http://shop.cubicle7...Products/CB7353

#36 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Thanks, Neil!

Stuart, probably you did and I just missed it. I am really looking forward to get this supplement, I have a soft spot in my heart for Scotland, and I can't wait to play in those lands.

More likely I will place the order until the first week of Feb, I hope I still get the offer for the pdf/hardcover :). Congrats on getting this done!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

Listen to us playing in Skype of Cthulhu

#37 neilford

neilford

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

Shadows over Scotland is scheduled for a March 2011 release and we are on track to meet that.

The book/PDF bundle continues once the book has been released. If you pre-order you get the PDF ahead of the physical book.

- Neil.

#38 moonbeast

moonbeast

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

I'm quite interested in Cubicle 7's recent offerings for Britannica. However, I was disappointed to learn that the most-recent Avalon/Somerset book did not include a map of the region. An an American, IMHO that is a bit of a let-down.

With Shadows over Scotland.... are there plans to include some kind of regional map?
"Ph'nglui mglw'nerf feng shui kung pao'chkn fhtagn!"

In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu orders Chinese takeout.

#39 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

Hello, moonbeast.

Shadows Over Scotland splits the country into three regions: Lowlands, Highlands and Islands (including Orkney & Shetland). Maps are provided for each of these distinct regions in addition to a map of the whole of Scotland (to bring it all together and show the country in relation to the rest of the UK/Europe) and, of course, maps for each of the cities and towns. Further maps are included in the seven scenarios, so there will be all sorts of map goodness within.

The maps are in good hands with Jon Hodgson, Art Director at Cubicle 7, and although I haven't seen maps as yet, I have seen about half of the artwork and it is very impressive stuff.

Edited by StuartB, 26 January 2011 - 01:06 PM.
increased clarity

#40 rylehNC

rylehNC

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

I'm quite interested in Cubicle 7's recent offerings for Britannica. However, I was disappointed to learn that the most-recent Avalon/Somerset book did not include a map of the region. An an American, IMHO that is a bit of a let-down.

This is not the case. There is a map of Somerset, although it lacks the context of geographical and political borders.
Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes.

-Ibn Schacabao