60 replies to this topic

#1 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

Just to let you know that yesterday I received a gift from a Secret Shoggoth... a Cthulhu Clock via Innsmouth House.

Thank you.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#2 YunusWesley

YunusWesley

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationSatrapal Palace, Cykranosh

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:24 AM

Secret Shoggoth presents! Who could have sent such a good movie, and a book for my exam reading, one so good I can argue with it *immediately* upon opening it up. *Why* does the author equate magicians with gnostics? Plotinus argues against gnostics, but what words is he actually using and how does he conceive of these people? The use of "gnostic" as an analytic category *completely* made up by modern scholars is something of a problem!

Thanks, community of Yoggies. And hey, you who *sent* this to me, send me a message!

http://www.yog-sotho...tachmentid=1075

Edited by YunusWesley, 02 December 2010 - 04:38 PM.

Yeah, I just killed a man for her. She don't even know my freakin' name. High school all over again.
They say you never outgrow it.

#3 SacredSpud

SacredSpud

Master

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

...and I'm the proud new owner of copies of Chaosium's The Tsathoggua Cycle and The Complete Pegana! Thanks, whoever you are!

#4 neorxnawang

neorxnawang

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

An ill wind has blown in from Wisconsin, and perhaps fortunately, there was no cheese :-) Only a HP Lovecraft graphic novel, and another about the Amazing Screw-on Head, and a set of Cthulhu Dice. Thank you O mysterious benefactor....

#5 CharlesDexterWard

CharlesDexterWard

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

Got my package today! I have not opened it yet, so thanks to the cultist in Nutley, New Jersey.

I will have to keep the box--it came decorated just for the Yithmas holidays:

Posted Image

Thanks!
"He stumbled on things no mortal ought ever to know, and reached back through the years as no one ever should reach; and something came out of those years to engulf him." - H. P. Lovecraft, 'The Case of Charles Dexter Ward'

#6 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

I suspect I may have been one of the first to get my gift this year... my two gifts actually... and had it not been for a bout of a most malevolent ailment, I'd have posted my "thanks" sooner.

Gift A) The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum, a Pulizter Prize winning account of the birth of forensic science in Jazz-Era Manhattan. Nifty!

Poisoner's Handbook.jpg

and them came.... gift B... like a nightmare spiraling out of the obsidian void, its very name a curse to speak, an abhorrent obscenity of aeons-dead terror, it's quivering putrescence a mockery of the tissue-dream of any hope for a loving god...

Brady Bunch Xmas.jpg

The horror!

the horror...

(Merry Yithmas! :) )
My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#7 SacredSpud

SacredSpud

Master

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

like a nightmare spiraling out of the obsidian void, its very name a curse to speak, an abhorrent obscenity of aeons-dead terror, it's quivering putrescence a mockery of the tissue-dream of any hope for a loving god...

Doesn't uh, doesn't the Postal Service ask if you're shipping anything anything potentially biohazardous?

#8 JonHook

JonHook

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

Awesome! I looked on my doorstep this afternoon, and was greeted with a package. Inside I found More Adventures in Arkham Country!

Posted Image

Thank you Secret Shoggoth!

#9 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:19 PM

Christmas with the Brady Bunch?!

*rolls SAN*

#10 SSior.27

SSior.27

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

Thank you to whoever you are for the Munchkin Cthulhu expansions 3 and 4! Now to shuffle them into the core game and reap Munchkiny horror on my friends!

Posted Image

#11 Lammomedes

Lammomedes

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationPalm Bay, Florida

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:54 AM

Thank you my Secret Yoggie for the two books: one on the Haunted Houses of California, the other on the Winchester House. I was to the latter when I was a young kid, and I have been reading the book on and off since I got it this afternoon. I might have to shift the house to my current wild west game, rather than use it in the 1920s.

But thanks..those are the great things I am looking for.

PS: I'll post pictures tomorrow.

#12 crimsontree

crimsontree

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

Thank you Secret Shoggoth for sending me such excellent gifts. 2 Fhtagn! bookmarks, a Loreo 3D viewer with YSDC 3D cards, the Spaceship zero soundtrack, the Eternal Lies Suite from Pelgrane Press & the audio DVD of Horror on the Orient Express & The Masks of Nyarlathotep.

Excellent timing. I am busy compiling music for my Armitage Files campaign & these are very welcome additions.

My wife laughed when she heard me yelp with joy as I opened my Secret Shoggoth package. She either said "You yelp like a ghoul/You yelp like a girl."

I'm sticking with the former! ;)

#13 N-kun

N-kun

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

thank you very much o secret shoggoth! I now have some reading to get me through the dark winter nights, Firstly Monstrous: 20 Tales of Giant Creature Terror promises to "knock man off the top of the food chain" and secondly The Spiraling Worm by David Conyers and John Sunseri promises to be "man vs the mythos" i know who i will be betting on!! As if this bumper pack of bloody death wasn't enough my rather spiffing shoggoth sent me the first season of the most excellent Dexter series! I asked to be surprised and i am most pleasantly so! Thanks again

N
Am I the only person who doesnt like Dr Who?

#14 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:09 PM

I got the most amazing gift from my secret shoggoth. When I saw the mail tag reading from Bradford, I knew I was in for a treat. When I saw the customs label listing the contents as Leather Bags (2), I started to smile quite widely. Then, when I opened it, I was stunned. Two custom made leather dice bags with different versions of the Miskatonic River Press logo. Wow, just wow, totally stunned, deeply honored and incredibly grateful! I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out how to do so.

Edited by Gol-Goroth, 08 December 2010 - 02:23 PM.

Founder of Golden Goblin Press : Golden Goblin Press
Check out my Blog : Oscar Rios - Minion of Cthulhu

#15 Thom_Serveaux

Thom_Serveaux

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

And quite fittingly, I get to follow my Secret Shoggoth. :D Don't worry your secret is safe with me! ;)

What did I get, two of the bestest books ever! (And no not the Necronomicon!)

Posted Image

Thank you Secret Shoggoth, I shall be flipping through them with great interest tonight!

#16 Fin

Fin

Breakfast Clubber

• Innsmouth House Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

I received a mysterious parcel today from far flung Cathay. Carefully wrapped within was a tightly rolled scroll...
http://www.yog-sotho...tachmentid=1120
A Tibetan Thangka said to bring luck to the owner.

Thank you to my Secret Shoggoth and thanks to CA Thompson for arranging the Shoggothing again this year!
Fin

#17 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

That is gorgeous! What a fantastic gift!

#18 Paradroid

Paradroid

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

Thank you, Secret Shoggoth, for "London: The Biography". Some read a got ahead of me ... I really like historical books about cities, so that one is spot-on, for some arcane reason!

#19 AndyMcD52

AndyMcD52

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHatfield, Herts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

Thank you to the Shoggie that provided me with a shiney copy of Cthulhu Britannica Avalon, what a great gift

#20 DownbeatGorilla

DownbeatGorilla

Neophyte

• Patron Ultra
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBrampton, ON

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

Cheers and thank you to my Secret Shoggoth for my lovely gift, which now has my co-workers questioning my (albeit slight) sanity levels in my choice of calendars!