281 replies to this topic

#41 sunkzero

sunkzero

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

Where was that variation of Halleluja! from, used in the closing of Pnakotus 004? Is there anywhere to download it?
"Teach a man to reason, and he'll think for a lifetime"

#42 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

The last News from Pnakotus for 2010!

"A Qualified Success"

News from Pnakotus 005

Just to clarify, Invictus won Best Suplement Award, no Best RPG Award since it is not a stand alone setting. Check all winners here :)

Edited by WiseWolf, 17 December 2010 - 04:13 PM.
forgot to smile :)

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

Listen to us playing in Skype of Cthulhu

#43 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

Yes, that's correct for clarification Cthulhu Invictus won the "Best RPG Supplement" award, being a supplement for Call of Cthulhu rather than a stand alone game.

#44 Cole

Cole

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBucks County, PA

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

Contests, Paul!

Very fortuitous timing of that award for Invictus and the Leagacy of Arrius Lurco, too. Looks like that setting is about to really take off.

Playing/Running: D&D 5e (Curse of Strahd, Reavers of the Harken Wold), Call of Cthulhu (Down Darker Trails), Aces & Eights, Fate (Art Restoration Syndicate)

#45 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Just finished it. Thank you guys for bringing once again all that there is to know on the world of Cthulhu. Honestly, I had noticed a scary out-of-magnitude increase in my Lovecraft obsession since listening to your show and to YogRadio in general. Those publishers out there should be really thankful cause I know I am not the only one affected by this “disease”.

And I agree with Chris on the fact that you Paul are too humble, all the great stuff that we get for free out of your effort and commitment to this community should be rewarded somehow. The least we can do is help you support the site and your business.

Merry holidays to both of you and hope to hear you again soon.

PS: I by no means intended to challenge the Gods of Pnakotos with my previous comment. I just wanted to clarify an insignificant, almost non-existent mistake, on the wave of excellent news we got from the high priests.
Hail!
/retires bowing respectfully after leaving tropical fruits at the stairs of the temple
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”

#46 MonsterMash

MonsterMash

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

Excellent - just caught up with 4 and 5. Time to promote Innsmouth House and News from Pnakotus on my blog again.

#47 StuartB

StuartB

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationShadowy Scotland

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

Timely, informative and fun. Keep it up, folks!

#48 yockenthwaite

yockenthwaite

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationDundee, Scotland

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

Honestly, I had noticed a scary out-of-magnitude increase in my Lovecraft obsession since listening to your show and to YogRadio in general. Those publishers out there should be really thankful cause I know I am not the only one affected by this “disease”.

Oh I've definitely bought some things after hearing them discussed on this new podcast. So publishers should be very pleased!

(the last one being De Profundis)

#49 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

Where was that variation of Halleluja! from, used in the closing of Pnakotus 004? Is there anywhere to download it?

It's by the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society from their album, A Very Scary Solstice. You can pick up the album directly from the HPLHS or from Innsmouth House.

#50 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

Nice to hear my recordings lead to something. I got a plug on the Podcraft too.
Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

#51 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

Thank you for doing the James Holloway recording at Treadwells! (Along with the others you've done for us!)

I too noticed the reference in episode 63 of the H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast. ;)

#52 YunusWesley

YunusWesley

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationSatrapal Palace, Cykranosh

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

Oh Paul, Chris, you guys make such a fun Pnodcast. This is great for my usual podcast listening (in the kitchen, doing laundry, and falling asleep (to the ones I've heard already, lulling!)) --your laughter and infectious geekery give me something very fun to look forward to on a pleasantly variable schedule! Keep cracking those atoms, boys.
Yeah, I just killed a man for her. She don't even know my freakin' name. High school all over again.
They say you never outgrow it.

#53 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

news-from-pnakotus-logo.jpg The first News from Pnakotus for 2011.

"Crom!"

News from Pnakotus 006

This show is sponsored by Innsmouth House.

Download News from Pnakotus 006 (30 MB) Running time: 01:03:51

Yes, we thought it would be a slow news time over the holidays, but we ran over an hour. Sorry about that!

Additional Notes on the Show:

Many of the games and site news items are on Yoggie's Front Page, and the listed conventions can be found in our Conventions forum, though a link to cjearkham's MythosCon pictures may be useful. For the rest here's a few (hopefully helpful) links along with the promised link to the sadly now defunct Godzilla Gaming Podcast.

The Frank Belknap Long omnibus from Centipede Press look lovely, but you may need deep pockets. Cthulhu continues his inexorable rise. The contents for Dead but Dreaming 2 from Miskatonic River Press have been finalised. S.T. Joshi has his own Blog and full of interesting news it is too.

Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown while only coming out a couple of years ago, is now available to watch online! We mention the Beyond the Mountains of Madness soundtrack by Erdenstern. Below are a couple of YouTube videos we talk about in the show, one of which segues into the news that A Means to Freedom:The Letters of H. P. Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard will be out in paperback from Hippocampus Press in the Spring.

Cerasus media have announced a "hidden object mystery game" based on At the Mountains of Madness will be available on many platforms later this year.

Finally a couple of YouTube video featured in the show. Crom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjKKptsL33I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw

Conan the Barbarian: The Musical, courtesy of http://www.jonandal.com/

#54 WiseWolf

WiseWolf

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

If it is not happening in yog-sothoth.com, it is not happening. Another great show, guys. Thanks for the really, impressive piece of music at the end and for throwing the piece of Eternal Lies.

Also, thanks for sharing with us info about La Sombra Prohibida and the great Conan “musical”, one weird thing from beyond about Lovecraft and CoC fans, is the amount of shared interests.

Keep it up!

Edited by WiseWolf, 14 January 2011 - 05:37 PM.
really?

#55 Morthrai

Morthrai

Breakfast Clubber

• PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • LocationBromsgrove, UK

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Music inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger? Try this for size!

Lee Williams.

The Dark Times Fanzine

"Superstition is a name the ignorant give to their ignorance"

#56 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

In honour of your singing, here's my (prize-winning) drabble on the subject at hand:

King Conan looked down from the Eagle Throne, his brow furrowed.
‘What is it this time?’he asked his fawning vizier.
‘A delegation of Zingarans, eager to parlay.’
‘Send them in,’ said the King, waving his hand dismissively – a hand that had strangled snake-gods, climbed the Mountains of Forever, fondled dusky maidens on the altars of evil temples, now reduced to waving to courtiers. The Zingarans approached. On a signal from their leader, two women threw themselves to the ground and set off a terrible wailing.
‘Why?’ thought Conan, ‘why did I ever mention the lamentations of the women?’

#57 Hafwit

Hafwit

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

Thanks for another great show. :)
"There is no safety in numbers, or in anything else." -- James Thurber

#58 DrVincent

DrVincent

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron+
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:56 AM

Wow, Fantastic show guys and after seven years of being a member and a patron of good old YSDC I finally found the mysterious link for the show notes LOL! I can't wait to see the mountains of madness video game. It looks awesome.

Cheers,

Dr. V
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity because our realtor was a lying, cheating, crazy, cultist jerk.

#59 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

news-from-pnakotus-logo.jpg News for late January, 2011.

"Stirred, not Shaken"

News from Pnakotus 007

With your hosts, Chris Lackey & Paul Maclean.

Download News from Pnakotus 007 (24 MB) Running time: 49:28

The odd (and very odd) tangent, but still lots of things to talk about. :)

Additional Notes on the Show:

It's D&D, but not as we know it, with the Realms of Crawling Chaos. Stoneskin Press now has a web site, and with titles like Shotguns vs. Cthulhu in the pipeline it should be very interesting!

Shorpy is an excellent photographic resource for your classic-era games, and the Tron: Legacy soundtrack is surprisingly good - it's now on my Amazon wish list (see what I did there? ;)).

Last but not least, The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu. Hopefully get to watch it soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZLFpcwuXOU

#60 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

I'm looking forwards to this. I'm really enjoying this series, you two have a great rapport.