• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cjbowser

cjbowser

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

There's a new CDA monograph available. Spirits and Dreams of the Viking Age is quite possibly my favorite treatment of the Norsemen for CDA to date.

Current projects: Time of Troubles | The Caliphate Caper

#2 Careless

Careless

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:55 AM

Well now, as i've returned to Yoggy from an extended leave - i might as well ask: Has anyone picked up the monograph? I'm rather interested in how the author tried to tackle Nordic shamanism and magic and the Mythos. There always seems to be one of two options, either "Full on Integration" or "Carving out a Space for some Non-Mythos elements."

#3 justadame

justadame

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationThe Other Side

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

Well, thats three Mula's I would like to get my sweaty mitts on.
Contactable by Séance, Oujia Board, Temple Prayers, Email and Facebook (if you know where to look).

#4 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

Well now, as i've returned to Yoggy from an extended leave - i might as well ask: Has anyone picked up the monograph? I'm rather interested in how the author tried to tackle Nordic shamanism and magic and the Mythos. There always seems to be one of two options, either "Full on Integration" or "Carving out a Space for some Non-Mythos elements."

It is only just out, so the likelihood is not quite yet.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#5 Careless

Careless

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

BUMP!

Sorry for that folks, but would you believe i really heavily on YS and its patron reviews before i go take the plunge myself? So far, i've never been steered wrong (and the one time I went ahead and bought something that was panned....yesh that was a mistake!)

#6 awokendreamer

awokendreamer

Neophyte

• 7 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:48 AM

Resurrecting a thread that hasn't been touched in 7 years. But I'm glad I found this. I was debating buying this, and after you're review, I think I'm good lol.

#7 Ric

Ric

Master

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:39 AM

With one of my groups we are running the Dread Eye of Azathoth campaign, and the surviving characters are spun off into adventures in their era. The opening scenario is a Viking one, so we are currently playing the Spirits and Dreams campaign with them. The shamanism and other world settings are a little different to the regular CoC setting, but they are appropriate for characters who have been traumatised mentally and 'touched' by the cosmic dark as a consequence of their first adventure. I find the monograph a good resource.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Ages