41 replies to this topic

#41 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Every so often I revisit the forum organisation to see if it can be made more efficient in line with current use.

In this case a few modifications:

• The Trail of Cthulhu forum has been moved into the re-named "Call of Cthulhu & Trail of Cthulhu" forum area (so it's no longer a separate forum area of "1" - we have a few of those).
  • The "Mythophonia" forum has been folded into "Unshowable" to boost the activity of each. A set of new thread tags have been added [Film], [TV], [Music], [Theatre] etc. to help identify relevant threads.
  • Cthulhu Antiquita has been folded into the previous Gaslight & Jazz Age forum, now renamed: Ancient, Gaslight & Jazz Age. i.e. covering all the main historically specific periods of play.

The overall effect of this helps reduce scrolling on the main forum page, providing a slightly less daunting number of forum areas.

[Updated]

#42 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Historically, Modern & Contemporary has always been one of the more lightly trafficked areas, so for 2017 it's been folded into the main era-specific forum which has now been re-named "Common Eras of Play" [though I suspect there may be a better name for it].

I've added a Modern tag to all relevant posts going back at least three years so they are easily identifiable (more topics will be tagged as and when they pop up on the radar).

This means that currently under the Cthulhu & Lovecraftian Games section we have:

Cthulhu General

General discussion about Cthulhu RPGs. For period specific topics, see the relevant forum.

Common Eras of Play
Covering common historical periods in Cthulhu games such as Ancient, Gaslight, Jazz Age, World War and Modern.

Other Settings
For Dreamlands, futuristic, fantasy, Pulp and other settings and different eras of play.

Trail of Cthulhu
Gumshoe Cthulhu RPG.

Cthulhu Electric Card Board Live
For discussion of all other kinds of tabletop, electronic & LARP games using Lovecraft or the Cthulhu Mythos as a basis

Essentially it's the folding in of one sub-forum to provide a general game discussion forum and a period specific one (+ "other"). ;-)