28 replies to this topic

#21 Khelbiros

Khelbiros

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

That's right, and being able to track expenditure from the point pool - such as giving all PCs 250 point to spend on skills and attributes.
Regards,
Belinda

#22 Mathias

Mathias

Neophyte

• 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:10 PM

Since there are no suggestions in the rules for exact numbers of points for attributes, the number of points spent on attributes are simply totaled and reported to the user, but not checked against anything, to make alternate character creation method 3 easier.

By using the editor, you could make replacements for the picks that calculate the total attributes and skills, replacing the existing logic to create a fixed total, instead of depending on EDU or INT, and pooling points from more categories than they do now. Once you've created that, email the resulting file to your players, and they can add it to their copy of Hero Lab.

#23 Mathias

Mathias

Neophyte

• 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

The Call of Cthulhu files for Hero Lab are now available. You can download the program at http://www.wolflair....call_of_cthulhu, and try it out with a free demo. The only things demo mode can't do are saving and printing (print preview is available so that you can see what the character sheets will look like), so you can get a very good idea of what the program is capable of before you purchase.

#24 StephanieMcAlea

StephanieMcAlea

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

This is all very nice but as an official 'grumpy old man'tm I shall be running my games using the OS 'Cthulhu 25th Anniversary edition' with the apps 'Pencil v1' and 'Paper 2.4'.

#25 FunGuyfromYuggoth

FunGuyfromYuggoth

Greater Independent

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

Thanks Mathias for taking the time to come over We appreciate it! :D

#26 Khelbiros

Khelbiros

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:58 AM

For those who use the platform, or who are interested, Hero Lab has now been updated for 7th edition! It looks like just the Keeper's Guide so far.

Regards,
Belinda

#27 jcfiala

jcfiala

Breakfast Clubber

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

For those who use the platform, or who are interested, Hero Lab has now been updated for 7th edition! It looks like just the Keeper's Guide so far.

Which, to be honest, makes it ahead of Byakhee, because it's unlikely (at this time) that Byakhee will be updated for 7th edition, given my lack of resources.  (Of course, it's possible someone might step in and help with that?  But we'll see.)

John Fiala

Check out Byakhee, the classic Call of Cthulhu character generator.

#28 jman12351

jman12351

Neophyte

• 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

Not that I don't understand why they don't, but I wish the devs allowed PayPal support.

#29 Finn123

Finn123

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

I run a World War Cthulhu campaign and am interested in some character management and help with running combats. HL seems to support both in 7e so I am trying the demo.

However, it is unclear to me if HL is customizable enough to incorporated the WWC material especially the extra, setting-specific skills.

My question to existing users:

1) Do you find HL helpful for character (PCs, and NPCs) management?

2) Have you used some of the Game Master tools like for combat and how do you like them?

3) Do you have a sense on how customizable HL is for a setting like WWC (adding custom skills, custom monsters, etc.)?

Thanks