340 replies to this topic

#41 Tigger_MK4

Tigger_MK4

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

Chaosium should have the monograph from the Cthulhu Invictus scenario contest out before too long. I'll probably have a scenario in that one called "Blood and Glory".

Excellent - I'd forgotten about that.
I'm a campaign kind-a guy...single adventures are all very well, but gimme a campaign every time...but always nice to see stuff coming out.

Although there are a few titles I wouldnt want to see from MRP...say for example these which I came up with while doing some stuff for Tom....
My Beyond the Mountains of Madness blog

"RULES" ARE GUIDELINES !

#42 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

.say for example these which I came up..

Oh Man! LOL
Founder of Golden Goblin Press : Golden Goblin Press
Check out my Blog : Oscar Rios - Minion of Cthulhu

#43 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:29 AM

Author Update -

Plugging away at this guys, trying to get the manuscript edited and re-written before the final editorial passes. I've been hitting this hard but it's going well. Quite well pleased with my progress. I found a nice online percentage calculator to help me keep track of my progress and motivate me. The TLoAL edits / re-write are now 91.5% complete. I'm on page 250 of 273, just 23 odd pages left to go.

My goals is to have this complete by Sunday night, spend a few days cleaning it up, and then send it to Tom and SDA for a good, critical once over.

Maps are being worked on by MRP's Cartographer, who rocks.

Will be sending out more phrases for Latin Translation this week now that he's back from Gencon.

Badger is doing some research, looking into ideas for artistic boards, headers and that sort of thing. I guess that means the project is sort of in Pre-Layout. How cool is that. @Badger - You also rock.

#44 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

Author Update -

Roughly 18 weeks of edits, revisions, corrections, additions, new content and stress is now complete. The Legacy of Arrius Lurco, 2nd edition is now complete. It’s been a very long road for me, a difficult road, but the project and the fans are worth it. A long and dangerous campaign is now longer, more detailed and contains a lot more ways for the investigators to die.

Now starts the next phases of the project. Proof reading, copyediting, and layout, getting the last few maps, tweaking the cover design and designing the back cover. We figure five months…twenty weeks… and then we’ll go to print. 1 million things can still go wrong, it could be a long longer than twenty weeks, but that’s fate.

Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.

Marcus Aurelius

Edited by Gol-Goroth, 13 October 2010 - 01:57 PM.

#45 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

Latest version of the manuscript is spell checked. Now I just need to give it a quick read through before sending "into the office" for review.

#46 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

Just hit send on the e-mail which hands off TLoAL to MRP offices for review before it's final round of editing. Did some checking and discovered I've been working on this since November 30th, 2008.

#47 Cthulhudude

Cthulhudude

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

Very big grats, Osk. Now don't you have other things to dive right into? :)
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos.
Know Nyarlathotep, know chaos.

#48 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

Of course, it is time that DaveL and I took a look at Cthulhu Invictus, otherwise we will never be prepared for this...

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#49 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

Very big grats, Osk. Now don't you have other things to dive right into? :)

I do, two things in fact. I'll be taking it easy for a few days before getting back to it. Let the batteries recharge and some of the wounds to heal. But I'll be moving swiftly on before too long.

#50 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

The very extensive re-working of The Legacy of Arrius Lurco is now complete. For most of the spring and all of the summer I’ve been working on this. For the last two weeks my publishers have been reviewing it. They’ve given it their stamp of approval and pointed out a handful of minor corrections that needed to be made. Tomorrow the manuscript goes back to the editor for the final round of editing.

There is still a lot of work to do. The last few maps are being made. Layout needs to be done. But lots of things are already done. Cover art is in. Cover’s been designed. Probably all of the internal art is in house.

For me, the author, my job is sort of done. Now comes the next phase of the project. This is where my partner Tom shines. He’ll work hard at coordinating the efforts of many highly talented people to turn the words I’ve written into a real book. From me emailing him the files to the book hitting game store shelves, that’s pretty much all Tom.

This will be Miskatonic River Press’s very first full-length campaign. I do mean full length; currently it’s over 90 thousand words long! This is a group effort, a team effort and I am deeply grateful for everyone’s participation.

Today is the last day of August. Autumn is right around the corner. As the nights grow longer The Legacy of Arrius Lurco will pass through many hands. With luck before Valentine’s Day it’ll be in a game shop near you.

Osk

#51 KRoss

KRoss

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:12 PM

I guess Our Ladies of Sorrow (at 107K words) doesn't count as a campaign then?

#52 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:02 AM

Actually I was just talking up OLoS in another thread...

#53 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

I always thought of it as a trilogy... But let's discuss this elsewhere.

What is and is not a campaign

Edited by Gol-Goroth, 01 September 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#54 Paddurz

Paddurz

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationWest (Best) Coast of Sweden

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

There is still a lot of work to do. The last few maps are being made. Layout needs to be done. But lots of things are already done. Cover art is in. Cover's been designed. Probably all of the internal art is in house.

For me, the author, my job is sort of done. Now comes the next phase of the project. This is where my partner Tom shines. He'll work hard at coordinating the efforts of many highly talented people to turn the words I've written into a real book. From me emailing him the files to the book hitting game store shelves, that's pretty much all Tom.
Osk

Do we really trust Tom to remember all the maps this time? Sorry, couldn't help being a tease as Tom's laments regarding missing maps in this thread http://www.yog-sotho...-Arkham-Country has made me laugh a lot!

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

http://twitter.com/paddurz

#55 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

Do we really trust Tom to remember all the maps this time?

I must come to Tom's defence on this. He's more upset than anyone else, it was a map for HIS scenario. He was mostly on his own trying to manage all the various post production aspects. He was finshing up MAiAC, as I was doing massive re-writes to TLoAL. I'll be able to help him a lot more with this stage of this project. Tom and I are going to make mistakes but we are going to do our best to learn from them.

#56 StephanieMcAlea

StephanieMcAlea

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:53 PM

I don't think it was a criticism Osk... more of a gentle attempt at teasing ;)
"Mistakes permit the miraculous the ability to shine all the greater."

#57 Tigger_MK4

Tigger_MK4

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

What can we say, clearly Tom has succumbed to age, infirmity and senility.

Lynch,How dare you be flawed amoungst our brotherhood of consummate perfection.
Go out and feed yourself to the shoggoth - immediately after you've finished working on LoAL, that is.
My Beyond the Mountains of Madness blog

"RULES" ARE GUIDELINES !

#58 tlynch999

tlynch999

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

Lynch,How dare you be flawed amoungst our brotherhood of consummate perfection.
Go out and feed yourself to the shoggoth - immediately after you've finished working on LoAL, that is.

Right!

Back in a bit.

Or not...
Tom Lynch
President & Managing Editor
Miskatonic River Press

#59 Gol-Goroth

Gol-Goroth

Golden Goblin Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:55 AM

September 18th Update –

Hey there everyone.

It feels like this project has really turned a corner, in a good way. Art is done. Layout putting concept together and is waiting for the manuscript. Maps are chugging along and we only need four more. Latin translations are also moving forward. Tom and I have talked about our budget; looks like the book won’t be delayed for any financial reasons. For a small press like us, that’s always a danger. The best news has come from the editor, and while I can’t go into details I am pleased with the news I’ve received. Editing started on the 1st of this month.

As a writer I’ve moved on to another small project, will be editing something for another project soon, and starting to organize my thoughts for yet another one after that. As a publisher we’re waiting on the cover for the book after Lurco, getting organized to move project #5 into high gear. But I won’t wander too far away from The Legacy of Arrius Lurco, not until it’s being printed.

It won’t be this year, but that’s okay. The reviews of More Adventures have been good, people really like the layout and maps… We’ve got the same guys working on Lurco, and while Layout hasn’t begun the maps are simply breathtaking. The art is also amazing. I have a feeling Lurco is going to be a beautiful book.

That’s all for now.

In eternal service,

Ansgaro Rivorum

#60 Paddurz

Paddurz

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationWest (Best) Coast of Sweden

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

Oh - this is great news! A delightful start of a Sunday Morning! Invictus scenarios are far too rare and to have a campaign to forward to is really lifting my mood! If More Adventures is the standard you've set yourself than layout and art wise it will certainly not be a disappointment - well, frankly, considering all of the previous works from MRP disappointment doesn't exist on the radar!

Now all that is left is to woefully sigh and ask every five minutes: Is it here yet?

Thanks Oscar for this update! And for all the hard work of writing it of course!

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

http://twitter.com/paddurz