104 replies to this topic

#41 PaulFricker

PaulFricker

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Well if you want generic suggestions I'm selling Cthulhu and Yog Sothoth Mugs over on www.innsmouthhouse.com
As an added bonus I'll personalise any orders from Secret Shoggoths.
The Good Friends of Jackson Elias : a Podcast about Call of Cthulhu.

#42 JeffOkamoto

JeffOkamoto

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I have been a very good Keeper this year, managing to maintain a nearly weekly release for the Gaming Grunts.

I would be very happy with any "Secrets of" publications, except for Japan and Los Angeles which I already own. I think I would also enjoy any of the HLPHS audio dramas.

#43 CharlesDexterWard

CharlesDexterWard

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

Well if you want generic suggestions I'm selling Cthulhu and Yog Sothoth Mugs over on www.innsmouthhouse.com
As an added bonus I'll personalise any orders from Secret Shoggoths.

The mugs are very cool. Paul, do you have a picture of the one I ordered two years ago for Secret Shoggoth (when I had someone in the UK for my recipient)? I don't think I ever saw a photo of it.

I would certainly encourage people to check them out!
"He stumbled on things no mortal ought ever to know, and reached back through the years as no one ever should reach; and something came out of those years to engulf him." - H. P. Lovecraft, 'The Case of Charles Dexter Ward'

#44 gloomhound

gloomhound

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:28 AM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I have been loyal and faithful follower, unlike some here.

I have maintained all of your precepts as written and have worked blindly toward your goals. Nope no questions from me, now Bishop Benvillia he was a man for questions. I answered some of the questions he had about you with a sharp blow to the head with a metal bar and a quick trip to my rending pot where I cooked him down for the oil to fry my derelye in, Yum!

It would be presumptuous for me to dictate what if any rewards you might bestow on me. But if I may make a few suggestions that might help me to further your goals here on earth.

Any book published before Secrets of Morocco by Chaosium would not be a good bet in that I have most of them. Monographs are better because I have none. Tee Shirts are nice but I have grown sleek and corpulent in your service and need a 4X to look presentable. I am an avid fan of HPLHS and quite keen on their work, but I do have the Call of Cthulhu movie as well as the Scary Solstice Cd's. I have the ToC core books as well as the Realms of Cthulhu.

Please take no offense great one, I only suggest. Well I must go, duty calls and those kids aren't going to flay themselves.

Your Servant
gloomhound

#45 johnnyhamper

johnnyhamper

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

I would really like any of the monographs except Farewell My Sanity. The Malleus Monsturum would be quite swishy too. Any size small t shirts with Mythos themes are ace too. I love mugs like a mug loving freak too. If you are an artistic creative type then anything home made would be utterly delicious too.

Hope that helps

Mik
Think on.

#46 CAThompson

CAThompson

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  • LocationChengdu, China

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

As said elsewhere, if there is anyone willing to ship international who has not already mailed/bought their Secret Shoggoth gift we have a late add (from last year) who'd like to join. So anyone willing to switch Shoggiees please PM me.

#47 cpt_machine

cpt_machine

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • LocationDoncaster, UK

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

Dear Secret Shoggoth

sorry I am a little freaky to buy for. I until recently had all of the CoC books I would ever want but I have this year fallen behind.

I 'lust' after a copy of the Kingdom of the Blind monograph but thats not what you have to get me.

Typically I am very very happy with anything lovecraft/horror related. I enjoy DVDs, audiodramas and Books (etc).

And fair warning is that there is no doubt the present will get featured on my youtube channel.
"I have always been my own teacher, and I must confess I am also my favorite pupil"
-Lestat

Captain Machine's UK Gaming Vlog
www.youtube.com/cptmachine

#48 neorxnawang

neorxnawang

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

I got a mysterious package today. Wasn't sure what it was, so I opened it. Turned out to be a dark sending from one of your minions, peterskill. Thanks for the dark ambient CDs (one is Lustmord, which I had wanted to try but never quite got around to getting, not sure about the other), and most especially for the antique 2nd ed. Keeper's Screen. Hee! It's like high school all over again. Well, except for the Judas Priest tour shirts and hair down to my shoulders. 8O

#49 Finn123

Finn123

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

Thanks Master Shoggoth

I got just what I wanted. Thanks!

But how did you know . . .

*GACK*!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Seriously, whoever picked this up for me, you hit the nail through/on my head :P

Edited by Finn123, 20 December 2010 - 11:17 PM.

#50 Lammomedes

Lammomedes

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationPalm Bay, Florida

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

My package will hopefully be winging its way across the Atlantic on Monday.

#51 sapper-joe

sapper-joe

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:12 AM

Hello!

I just want to post here that due to work, I will not be able to get home until Xmas day and have all of my mail on hold until then...so, I want to thank my secret shoggie early. I will post once I am able to get my mail.

Sapper
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1844-1900

#52 glyph

glyph

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

Just like to say a big thank you to my secret shoggoth for the handmade dice pouch and dust jacket, and the book on forensic imvestigation :D

Thank you!

#53 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:29 AM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

Just received a copy of Edgewalkers, a horror RPG which I think was for my partner, Louise. Not quite her cup of tea, but thank you all the same.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#54 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:07 PM

I have done one Secret Shoggoth, but I wish to report the other will be delayed while a certain publisher sorts its postage costs out.

It should not cost me $112 to send two items (that together cost less than $20) to someone here in the UK, when it only cost me less than $10 ship four books to myself... It was a lot of fun trying to explain this to them when their customer service appears to be based somewhere where English is not the first language...

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#55 andyb

andyb

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

My homemade item has finally been completed, but I can't get to the post office now until Wednesday, when it will be winging it's way (By the Royal Mail's fastest Mi-Go) from Lancashire and across the globe, many hundreds of miles to........... Yorkshire.

#56 johnnyhamper

johnnyhamper

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

My secret shogee can expect to receive a gifty thing in the post very soon, sent local from inside the USA- god bless the internet. There will also be some extra gifts matching almost exactly what you asked for being sent from the UK soon. They'll probably arrive just after Christmas as they've been hard to source. Think of them as an early present for Christmas 2010.

Remember to enjoy the little things.

Mik
Think on.

#57 Lammomedes

Lammomedes

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationPalm Bay, Florida

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:26 PM

Mine is now winging its way across the Atlantic by the slowest possible Byakhee possible...USPS 1st class mail. Hell, when the cost of international postage for a more speedy method is twice as much as what is contained within, I will just have to take the pokey Byakhee rather than the speedy Mi-Go transdimensional postal express. This year anyway...

#58 CAThompson

CAThompson

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  • LocationChengdu, China

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

Yes, I too feel the pain of overseas shipping. Also the panic of just knowing that the items did not get packed right and one will break. I just know it. (Shoggee, when you get the box, lemme know if the one thing is broken and I'll get another one over to you, a friend of mine has a good line on such things. Also, since I forgot the card I'll send that along.)

#59 Donnovan_Sunrider

Donnovan_Sunrider

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

I want to publicly thank my Secret Shoggie for the great hardback copy of the first Locke and Key trade series. I really enjoyed it, and I'll be sharing it with my CoC players too.
I also got a CD with some PDFs on it. I have the BRP rulebook, Plan 9 From Halloween and The River Terror BRP MULA. I've already found stuff in both of the monographs that I'll be weaving into my campaign.
Thank you!

#60 andyb

andyb

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

I returned home tonight to find a white padded envelope with Queens Village NY stamp on it.

Guessing that this is my secret shoggoth gift I have given it to Mrs Andyb for me to open on Christmas day.

Thank you so much for the gift - I'll report back after Christmas on what is lurking inside.

Thank you! :P