#1 CAThompson

CAThompson

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  • LocationChengdu, China

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

We're moving along so here is the place for all the good little cultists to sit on the lap analogue of Yoggoth the festive red and green shoggoth and ask for gifts.

Here you can put down things you want, things you have and things you don't want or won't use.

Remember the price idea is $25US so even though I've been really good and want the Imperial Legionnaire Kit, it's just a tad over the cost.

People like me in far away places might also want to look at some .pdfs we want. Say if we were working to complete our collection of monographs by Yog luminary jasonw1239.

We might also want to mention some prefrences here, such as how I don't want .pdfs or books, just monographs.

Or what we have, for example I have most books and monographs published before two years ago.

Or mention other non Cthulhu interests we might have. I like tea, good how to books, colorful things as well as things which are sturdy or easy to travel with. Like how any day I'll remember to take my little plush Cthulhu on a trip and get pictures of him in famous places. I like rooibos tea, others too but my access to tea likely trumps most people here.

There are no promises as to what you'll get, even if you just post "I WANT INVICTUS" twenty times, which is a reasonable desire.

You can also post things you are planning to give if you're not sure how cool they are. Anyone want a nice fish scroll?

#2 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

Dear Secret Shoggoth & Dear Other Secret Shoggoth,

I would like to apologise in advance should you be saddled with me as your victim in this gift-giving brouhaha. I extremely difficult to buy for, as I own almost every Call of Cthulhu supplement and without looking, about all of the monographs, and between Louise and myself, numerous comics and books of a Lovecraftian persuasion.

In truth I have no idea what exactly I would like, although an Angell Box would be quite, quite lovely... Of course, given the monetary constraints, I merely ask that you surprise us with something interesting! In return, I shall do the same, given that I am giving for the both of us.

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."

#3 Nollvane

Nollvane

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

I have about all the HPL and Cthulhu fiction I can handle right now, and quite a few comics already, but I don't have a lot of CoC material (just the d20 book and GM's screen, The Great Old Ones, Day of the Beast and Masks of Nyarlathotep). Game materials are welcome, but I think source books like (for example) Secrets of Morocco would be of more interest to me than adventures or campaigns. I do have an Amazon wishlist if my Secret Shoggoth wants to go that route.

My giftee will undoubtedly receive a grab-bag of comics and books, but I will attempt to honor specific requests.
"Good," said the Martian. "Then I do want something. I've heard about your disgusting mating habits. Now I can watch them."

#4 JonHook

JonHook

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

This is my first year to participate in Secret Shoggoth. I'm more excited to just be part of this wonderful YSDC tradition than I am for any specific gift.

For whoever draws my name, I look forward to receiving whatever interesting thing you think someone who is a fan of Lovecraft and the Mythos would enjoy.

For whoever's name I draw, I already have an idea of something that I believe would be enjoyed by someone who is a fan of Lovecraft and the Mythos. I would like to gift this item to you, but if your wish is for something very specific, then I will do my best to satisfy that desire.

#5 Lammomedes

Lammomedes

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationPalm Bay, Florida

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:31 PM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

Like the esteemed Pookie, I can be a bit of a difficult person to shop for as I own literally everything printed for Call of Cthulhu and a good number of monographs. However, there are a few titles I am missing and that I think might be interesting:

any of the Halloween themed monographs or the Christmas in Kingsport monograph (pdfs always accepted)

On the other hand, while the three plushes I have traveled far and wide, I don't want them to get jealous of a new addition As a college professor with an extensive library at home and in my office, Lovecraftian literature might not be too wise.

I do think that anything hand made would work well. I'll also take the advice of someone I had last year, in stating that anything that has to do with the history of where you live, or involves ghost stories or supernatural stuff about your home state/country/planet would be a delight. I am also always seeking stuff that could work for props for my own games. BTW an evil fish scroll would always be interesting...

So exercise your creativity and it will never be unappreciated.

Thank you my future Secret Shoggoth,

Matt

#6 tlynch999

tlynch999

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

This is my first year participating in the fun as well. As with many, however, I have lots of CoC stuff (especially from those gents at Miskatonic River Press :roll: ).

I recently did set my eye on an item or two in which I have not yet invested. I realized my Mythos collection did not include a mug, from which I could sip many a tasty beverage. In particular this mug has caught my eye. If a certain sticker were to come as well, I would be beside myself with glee.
Tom Lynch
President & Managing Editor
Miskatonic River Press

#7 Karloff

Karloff

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:19 AM

Hiya

Where to begin?

Well, I have pretty much all the sourcebooks up until about four years back. I enjoy ghost stories, and horror fiction is gratefully received! I'm also a bit of a movie nut and enjoy classics - Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula et al.

That should be enough to be getting on with.

edit PS: I don't have Trail or any of the variants; I suppose you could say I'm a 'vanilla' CoC Keeper/player. ;)

edit part deux: having bought Trail at Dragonmeet today I can no longer be considered vanilla. I hereby declare myself tutti-frutti.

#8 neorxnawang

neorxnawang

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

I have been good this year. I eat all my vegetables and such.

I have most Chaosium sourcebooks, my monographs (I'm Jeff Moeller), and both of the Miskatonic River ones. I don't have any of the licensees, or any of the Invictus monographs (I have Invictus itself, if the snail mail would ever get here). But really, surprise me. (oooh, I didn't just type that, did I)? Cthulhu Britannica, Ravenar Sagas, all would be appreciated. And I still don't have the Trail of Cthulhu basic book!? I have a staggering collection of Mythos related fiction so that would likely be redundant. Anything along the lines of mugs, shirts, etc. would be great.

Apart from whatever it is that my vict...er, recipient wishes, I have something special for him or her. (mwahahahaha).

#9 glyph

glyph

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hi Secret Shoggoth. Cthulhu wise Our Ladies of Sorrows, Day After Ragnorok or Cthulhu Invictus look good, and I've not got any monographs except for the most recent Halloween one and Kingdom of the Blind.

Other than that anything you think is cool (like books, movies or fertility idols made from fingernails) will be fine.

:D

#10 Mysterioso

Mysterioso

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

Dear Secret Shoggoth:

As sometime in the future I would like to run Farewell, My Sanity I would truly appreciate Secrets of Los Angeles. Secrets of Los Angeles would give this East Coaster some background for the already-owned monograph.

Secrets of San Francisco or New York would also be great.

Thanks in advance for sending me something via the United States Psuedopod Service.

#11 jabonko

jabonko

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

This year I would really love more time to play RPGs, but I realize that's probably out of your budget (and might negatively affect my sanity when you warp the rules of time-and-space).

I've been really eying Diaspora, that nifty Sci-Fi RPG. But it's a little above the Secret Shoggoth price range, isn't it?

The HPLHS Font Collection would be pretty nifty, too. Preferably on a CD so I have something to unwrap! Anything else from those guys would be pretty well-appreciated.

If you're the mythos T-shirt buying type, I'm a size L (that's American for "Large" I'm not sure what is in the metric system. Probably a size "Awesome").

If you're the crafty or prop-making type: just about anything you make will be super cool.

Thank you Secret Shoggoth, you're the best!

For my Shoggee - I plan to make something. I think it will be cool. Hopefully you will too.

#12 Nemo235

Nemo235

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I have been very good this year. Some would say Lawful Good.

There's only one item on my wishlist.
Agents of the Crown for BRP.
http://catalog.chaos...roducts_id=3743

I'd like to have the print version. Not that into PDFs.

I also collect comic books, other RPGs, and anything Star Wars.

Thankyou!

#13 PodMonkeys

PodMonkeys

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:10 AM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I just about have every HPL story in print, as well as a sizable stack of non -HPL Lovecraftian writing. I don't play the RPG, although I do have the core rulebook as well as some of the source books. I have every Arkham Horror game, so I guess you can say I'mfairly well off in the Lovecraftian department. I really like home-made crafty stuff, and most definitely anything steampunkish in nature. Mayhap, secret Shoggoth, you might be able to rustle up something that could travel to Iraq for a year?

Like Jabonko, I think I'll be continuing my tradition of home crafted gifts! :)

#14 fojo

fojo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:13 AM

In particular this mug has caught my eye.

---May I suggest this other mug? :wink:
Download the FREE scenario "The Boarding House at Arkham Street"...

http://www.threefourteengames.com

#15 jabonko

jabonko

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

Oooh, that gave me an idea! I have plenty of HPL's stuff, but almost nothing by other Mythos authors (I have "Trail of Cthulhu" by Derleth [and although you'll be mad at me for saying so, I enjoy the stories in it]).

#16 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:05 PM

I'm glad to be here for Secret Shoggoth, yet again. In past year's I've been sent tea, chocolates, and (at my suggestion) Ghost Books. The later I collect as a sort of souvenir- see my LibraryThing listing to see what I have.

As for CoC things, I'll take whatever you'd like to send. While I've got loads, I'll even say thank you for that copy of Bermuda Triangle, if you really want to pass something along... though I'll say now that I've got that one. If you really want to get rid of that collection of hard to find Dagon and Unspeakable Oath issues, I won't fight you either. :)

Homemade's are great as well; my bookshelf needs more weird knickknacks.

Surprise me!

#17 Donnovan_Sunrider

Donnovan_Sunrider

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I want a pony, and a plastic rocket, and a... Oh, wait. Wrong List.

I'm easy to please. It would probably be easier to say what I do have. From Yoggie, I have the Tales from the Table DVD and the Patron's badge. For Monographs, I have Murder of Crows and Doom From Below, and that's all.

I'd be thrilled with any of the following:
Audio Drama (Scarifiers or HPLHS)
HPLHS CoC DVD
Any MULA Monographs.
Any kind of prop-related thing. I'm a sucker for props.

Thanks,
Donnovan

#18 Finn123

Finn123

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:39 PM

Dear Shoggie -

I'm an infrequent CoC player, but love most supplements. I don't have any printed Chaosium material except the 4th and 5th ed. rules books. I'm a fan of the 20s setting and would welcome most any printed material for the game. In particular, I have a fondness for Innsmouth and Dunwich if that makes it easier to choose something.

Also, prop/novelty items from those towns would be welcomed, even if they weren't game related.

I wouldn't mind a copy of AtMoM, but I do have an anthology of the "best of" HPL (that doesn't include AtMoM).

HPLHS items seem attractive too, but I don't know where to start with that. Perhaps a radio drama.

Thank you and happy holidays you evil thing (oops!)

Finn123

#19 Badger

Badger

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

*hops on lap* Hi Mr. Secret Shoggoth, sir-

I suppose an stone altar would be too large a thing to ship, and Omar Shakti's fez is pretty difficult to get one's hands on, so here's a more down-to-earth list. I've got a ton of CoC books already, but i would love some things like:

- Any Scarifyers album

- The latest two HPLHS radio dramas, Shadow Over Innsmouth or The Shadow Over Time

- Props. I love props!

- Any monographs that have gotten good reviews

- Munchkin Cthulhu 2: Call of Cowthulhu. Yes, i play it. I'm not ashamed.

Guess that's all i can think of...thanks!

-=badger
Designer of Eldritch Tomes for Chaosium, Pagan, MRP, GGP
www.squamousstudios.com || Twitter: @squamousstudios
The only way to escape terror is to bury yourself in it.

#20 Pookie

Pookie

Greater Servitor

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

- Any monographs that have gotten good reviews

That is something improbable to ask for...

Pookie -- Editor & Reviewer; Editor for Sixtystone Press

See http://rlyehreviews.blogspot.com/ for reviews
"Home again, home again, Yiggety Yig... Goo-ood evening, Quetzalcoatl."