Photo
- - - - -

Goatswood Revisited?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Poll: A New Goatswood Book from Miskatonic River Press would be: (455 member(s) have cast votes)

A New Goatswood Book from Miskatonic River Press would be:

1. Voted A Modern Lovecraft-Country-esque book. (26 votes [34.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.67%

2. A Classic Era (1920's) Lovecraft-Country-esque book. (43 votes [57.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.33%

3. Of absolutely no interest to me. I have the other book and that's enough! (3 votes [4.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

4. Something Else Entirely (I'll Post My Thoughts) (3 votes [4.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Evans

Evans

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

Ramsey: "I look forward to it, Scott!"

Wow...that's fantastic news. Thanks for sharing, Scott. Now, if we can get him to write something for the book... 8)

Interesting you should mention that Tlynch...

http://groups.google...2077879dd0d7fb#

Some of Ramsey's remarks towards the end of the thread suggest this might be fortuitus timing...

#162 sda

sda

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe House of Secrets

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

Ramsey: "I look forward to it, Scott!"

Wow...that's fantastic news. Thanks for sharing, Scott. Now, if we can get him to write something for the book... 8)

We probably can. I haven't asked him yet. Once the book is nearing completion I'll ask him.
Scott David Aniolowski, Master of the Malleus Monstrorum

#163 ProfSpender

ProfSpender

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

Getting Campbell right is a necessary first step, but what about the connections to Goatswood in other CoC scenarios? There should be mention of the Ives family (from "Fade to Gray"), of Hillary Quarrie and Wilfred Gresty (from Tatters of the King) and of Terry Bloom (from "Dark Havest"), and probably of several others I've forgotten. (Does anyone have a complete list of all Goatswood related stuff in CoC books?) It's just annoying when NPCs that are important in a scenario related to the place aren't even mentioned in the sourcebook.

#164 sda

sda

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

Getting Campbell right is a necessary first step, but what about the connections to Goatswood in other CoC scenarios? There should be mention of the Ives family (from "Fade to Gray"), of Hillary Quarrie and Wilfred Gresty (from Tatters of the King) and of Terry Bloom (from "Dark Havest"), and probably of several others I've forgotten. (Does anyone have a complete list of all Goatswood related stuff in CoC books?) It's just annoying when NPCs that are important in a scenario related to the place aren't even mentioned in the sourcebook.

That's the plan.

#165 HomoLupusDomesticus

HomoLupusDomesticus

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:33 PM

(...)Ramsey: "I look forward to it, Scott!"

So I have his official blessings (which I never doubted, but its always nice to hear). Onward and upward now....

It's great that you have his blessings of course, but didn't he say anything else except that he looks forward to it? Oh well, I suppose taking his Severn Valley setting back to the 1920s is not exactly something he's ever thought of.

Well, I also look forward to the final result!

RPGbericht (Dutch)

#166 sda

sda

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:15 AM

(...)Ramsey: "I look forward to it, Scott!"

So I have his official blessings (which I never doubted, but its always nice to hear). Onward and upward now....

It's great that you have his blessings of course, but didn't he say anything else except that he looks forward to it? Oh well, I suppose taking his Severn Valley setting back to the 1920s is not exactly something he's ever thought of.

Well, I also look forward to the final result!

No, again he's not a gamer and probably knows next to nothing about RPGs and CoC. I didn't expect any feedback from him as far as content goes. He wasn't personally involved in the first Goatswood book beyond the introduction he so graciously did for me.

#167 paladin2769

paladin2769

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationSI, NY

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

I realize I am really late to this conversation, but is this project a moot topic? After years of playing CoC, I just started reading Cold Print yesterday. Personally, I would have bought a Goatswood book and I think it should have covered the modern era since that's when the stories take place. However, setting it in the classic era would not have soured me at all.
BTW, love the Malleus Monstrorum! Any news on the second volume?

#168 Carcosa

Carcosa

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationRochester NY (upstate)

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

I just picked up Goatswood. Although I was thinking of a campaign running in the gaslight and classic era, I thought this would be the perfect source material. Seeing that you are actually working on a 20's era Goatswood setting is exciting. Are you still working on this? Also own Malleus Monstrorum... one of the best CoC books out there as a sourcebook.

#169 tlynch999

tlynch999

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

Are you still working on this?

MRP is not, but that would not stop Scott David Aniolowski (the author behind both the existing book and potential future book) from pursuing publishing it elsewhere. I don't believe he is actively doing that, though.
Tom Lynch
President & Managing Editor
Miskatonic River Press