• Administrator
  • 18,505 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

At last it starts to arrive!

Posted Image

Scans to appear soon...

Paul

"Never be cruel, never be cowardly. Remember – hate is always foolish and love is always wise. Always try to be nice and never fail to be kind."

– Doctor Who

#22 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,505 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

- and so here's the first batch, scanned in. They may take a little while to load up:

Posted Image
Posted Image
From Blaggard - yes, Christmas - it has taken a while ,but it looks like the PO Box troubles have been solved, and through they come!

Posted Image
Blaggard also very generously sent these for Helen & myself. I'm sure they will prove instructional reading. :) Thank you!

Posted Image
Posted Image
From Karloff - it certainly looks a lot nicer than snow covered Yorkshire at the moment!

Posted Image
Posted Image
From Newbunkle - Cornwall (and Truro), having been I can atest are lovely places - also another hive of Mythos actvity (see our Brian Lumley Interview)

Posted Image
Posted Image
From Sinister-Ornament - the wonders of Swindon's Magic Roundabout - obviously it has a baleful influence on Lovecraftian jokes!

Posted Image
http://www.yog-sotho...stcard-005a.jpg
From Isis and the 'seet of lerning' - Oxford. Yes, here it is at last! Some of those gargoyles would look rather fetching on Innsmouth House I think. Scanning Electron Microscope users may also spot the inside joke on this card. ;)

- and finally for the current round, a letter from Joey Bernard, which is our first for reading out on the next edition of Yog Radio.

http://www.yog-sotho...nvelope-001.jpg
The seal survived intact from Canada.

http://www.yog-sotho.../letter-001.jpg

Thank you, Joey, and everyone who sent in mail so far! It feels rather nice to receive tangible mail, it does feel more 'Lovecraftian' in a way I suppose, and the extra effort's very much appreciated!

Post us something and well post it up here. The more the merrier! :8E:

Paul

"Never be cruel, never be cowardly. Remember – hate is always foolish and love is always wise. Always try to be nice and never fail to be kind."

– Doctor Who

#23 Karloff

Karloff

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

Excellent! I'm glad to see they finally arrived.

#24 Newbunkle

Newbunkle

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

I don't remember my handwriting being so wonky before I sent it. Some strange warping of space must have moved the ink around on the page. I'm so pleased it arrived. :)

Edit: Hmm... so it took about 2 and a half weeks to arrive.

#25 Blaggard

Blaggard

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

I'm trying to remember when I posted mine. It was a good few weeks before Xmas. Still, you got them and that's the main thing. I thought the books would be an interesting add-on for Green and Pleasant Land or even Gaslight. Sadly, I don't think the lady who wrote them thought to include a firearms section in the husbands edition! :wink:

Ps. Anyone worried about their handwriting, take a look at my block capitals. Anything I write is illegible otherwise.
“Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad” Aldous Huxley.

#26 HomoLupusDomesticus

HomoLupusDomesticus

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

So Paul, where's the card you mailed to yourself?

I would like to send you a card but I have no idea what to write on it...

RPGbericht (Dutch)

#27 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,505 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

The card I mailed to myself arrived too, but it's just a copy of the 'Bradford Players' card, to help see where the post was being delayed, so haven't bothered scanning in that one. :)

You don't have to write anything witty, fun, erudite or insightful (though you can if you want!), even just a "Hello from..." would be great - just to see what and where people send from.

The "Don'ts" books look most fun (and educational, of course) - you're right about them not having a firearms section - how remiss! ;)

Paul

– Doctor Who

#28 Sinister-Ornament

Sinister-Ornament

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

The horrors of the Magic Roundabout have warped my fragile mind.

Appologizes for the jokes - that second really one doesn't work does it?

I wish now that I’d put an arrow to the ape sticker bearing the legend ‘Arthur Jermyn’
'EuClidEan diCe woUlD noT aVaiL iN aNy cAse!'
My Evoking Horror Techniques Thread
The British Horror Film Forum

#29 Mograg

Mograg

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Any new postcards showing up in the mail? Curious and eager to see the next batch :D

Cheers,

Brian C.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts

#30 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,505 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

I'll check on Monday. The Post Box is on the other side of town, so I don't get to check it every day. ;)

Paul

– Doctor Who

#31 Throgg-The-Despicable

Throgg-The-Despicable

Neophyte

• Patron
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

I'll check on Monday. The Post Box is on the other side of town, so I don't get to check it every day.

If it's a Royal Mail PO Box you can have all the mail addressed to it, delivered to your home address.

#32 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,505 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

You can, but it costs twice as much to do so.

Paul

– Doctor Who

#33 Throgg-The-Despicable

Throgg-The-Despicable

Neophyte

• Patron
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

You can, but it costs twice as much to do so.

It used to cost the same, but it has been a few years since i had a PO Box. It's all the fault of The Chuckle Brothers (Leighton & Crozier) for screwing up our mail service. :cry:

#34 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,505 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

Another round of postcards in to Innsmouth House!

Here we go:

Posted Image
Posted Image
From Mograg. The Salem Witch Museum. One day, one day!

Posted Image
Posted Image
From DaveL. As appearing on the Dragonmmeet 08 audio and Yog Radio #34. Rumour has it that Fin has been sighted!

Posted Image
Posted Image
From a mysterious poster, not that I think the Big 'C' is a believer in the democratic process... :8E:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Lordof1 is our newest correspondent from the African continent, though we haven't heard from him since he set off to report from the Mountain of the Black Wind...

Posted Image
Posted Image
From WinstonP. Looks likes something fishy is going on just off the coast.

We will also be reading out all the written correspondence in future editions of Yog Radio - so do keep sending them in! It's great to get them and share them with everyone. Web sites are wonderful, but we still like the art of the letter (& postcard)!

Paul

– Doctor Who

#35 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,505 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

A new one in!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Courtesy of Thomas M. from the frozen North. Sounds like Shubby's on the loose again... :D

Paul

– Doctor Who

#36 Newbunkle

Newbunkle

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

Great card! :)

#37 HomoLupusDomesticus

HomoLupusDomesticus

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:59 AM

I particularly like the starfish and ammonites one! Thinking of sending YSDC a card soon, just looking for one showing something appropriate from the place we live in.

RPGbericht (Dutch)

#38 omikl

omikl

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

I'm trying to find a Sri Carcosa postcard but it's proving tricky. Kight have to go there and see if they sell tham...

...I'll keep an eye open for anyone in yellow.

Worryingly enough the Royal Colour here is yellow...

#39 jabonko

jabonko

3-Dimensional Shambler

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:03 PM

I sent my card maybe a week ago... it should arrive soon! :D

#40 Newbunkle

Newbunkle

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

I sent my card maybe a week ago... it should arrive soon! :D

Mine took about 3 weeks when I posted it within the UK.