• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 StuartW

StuartW

Master

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:50 PM

The alignment of the stars is almost right, and I sense the time is near...

:twisted:

StuartW

#2 ElijahWhateley

ElijahWhateley

Greater Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

Huh?

#3 Karloff

Karloff

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, that was my initial reaction. Then I remembered these people; there was some hazy talk of a Cthulhu-friendly mod, which would be good for those of us who don't have a tabletop group.

#4 StuartW

StuartW

Master

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:31 AM

My apologies for being obtuse, I was referring to this thread, which describes a Fantasy Grounds (virtual gaming table) coversion for Call of Cthulhu.

Virtual tables allow folks to play pen-and-paper RPGs from remote locations, and this conversion implements the full content of the 6th edition rules. It is a Chaosium/Digital Adventures release.

Anyhow, it is now at the release to manufacturing stage, but my original post was somewhat cryptic :!:

Stuart

#5 moonbeast

moonbeast

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:35 AM

Anyhow, it is now at the release to manufacturing stage, but my original post was somewhat cryptic :!:

Stuart

:D Good news indeed!

Certainly looking forward to this VT for COC FGII port! Cryptic-speak yes.

#6 MattSheridan

MattSheridan

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:31 AM

That's some cool news. I've been considering virtual tabletop options, lately, and a Call of Cthulhu conversion would make Fantasy Grounds a bit more attractive, in spite of its cost. Will there be a bunch of custom atmospheric screen tints? Stuff like a bloody tint for corpse-discovery scenes, or a loathsome green for monster encounters? It's a really minor feature, but I always thought that was one of the more impressive things about Fantasy Grounds.

#7 StuartW

StuartW

Master

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:02 AM

The standard screen tints (red, green, blue and normal) are in there. I usually only use the blue (night-time) but the red and green could be used as you suggest.

Using FG's new 'extensions' feature (a bit like plug-ins), other colours can be added as a community mod without having to change the underlying prooduct.

StuartW

#8 BenPerkins

BenPerkins

Neophyte

• 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:40 AM

Hello, anyone using Fantasy Grounds to play COC online?

https://www.fantasyg...m/home/home.php

http://steamcommunit...90/discussions/

#9 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:21 PM

The Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition rules set is out for Fantasy Grounds.

$27.99 (US)

This ruleset contains the core rules, background, guidance, spells, and monsters of the game. It is intended for use by the Keeper of Arcane Lore (the Keeper) — that player who will present the adventure to the other players. It also contains two starter adventures.

The Call of Cthulhu, 7th edition, will open and convert Adventures and Investigators created with and for the 6th Edition ruleset and update statistics and rolls automatically.

call-of-cthulhu-7e-fantasy-grounds-rules-set.jpg
Image source