802 replies to this topic

#801 NashTrickster

NashTrickster

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:55 PM

From the void between worlds, the Unspeakable Being known as the Mad Frenchman emerges...

Hello everybody,

Some of you may remember me from (about) 10 years ago, others may not, so I'll write a small introduction which will also help those who remember me know what I've been up to during this long hyatus.

For those who don't know me, I used to be a frequent contributor on the DGML and here on Yog-Sothoth. I also was the founder of the Preatorian Guard, which was behind such projects as Delta Green: Spectrum and Operation Struggle Within, unfortunately both dead before really coming to fruition. And I guess I can say, without losing my last remnants of modesty, that I've helped quite a few people, both here and in the Cthulhu community as a whole, to polish their scenarii and articles (some of which were published in magazines you've all heard of...) and I've helped with quite a few translations from or to french...

After the dissolution of the Praetorian Guard for Real Life reasons, which also implied the death of my Cthulhu gaming group, I found myself without anyone IRL to share my love for Lovecraftian stuff...

Since the wargaming community is much more present in my town than the RP one, and since I simply cannot live without a regular dose of gaming, I decided to use my (much too limited) free time playing what I could and (re)started playing Warhammer 40k (which I had dropped after college, more or less with the publication of the V3)...

And thus, I spent more and more of my online time getting up-to-date on 40k stuff and less and less on Cthulhu related stuff. I eventually became admin on a french 40k board, a decision I don't regret but which signed the end of what little time I had left for anything Eldritch and/or Unspeakable...

But, once again, real life caught up with me 2 years ago. During an aggression, I lost (most of) the use of my right eye (a surgery, which could give me back most of my eyesight, is planned but may have to wait for another year at least) and thus painting became problematic. Add to this that the new gaming group I had created has found harder and harder to get together because of stuff like work, wives and children, and you'll guess that somehow I found myself with enough time on my hands to take my Cthulhu stuff off the shelves where it was gathering dust.

And once I got back reading Mythos books, it was not long before I came back here. I lurked for a while but now I feel like I'm ready to contribute once again.

So here I am... Deal with it!

(TL;DR version: once was a frequent poster here, was off for about 10 years and now I'm back...)

Edited by NashTrickster, 21 March 2018 - 11:01 AM.

9 9 2 0 .2 2 9 9 8 9 2 1 2 .3 3 4

#802 loudriver23

loudriver23

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:18 PM

Hello everybody,

I've actually had a profile here for quite some time, but haven't been around for quite a few years. 

Much has changed with myself and my gaming. 

I have done primarily Call Of Cthulhu, and Delta Green.

On a bit of a downside, I've only been involved in online games. 

I would love to find a local group (Los Angeles, North Hollywood, Burbank) area.

I miss the days of sitting around a table as opposed to on some iteration of a VTT.

I'm more than happy to just be a player, or I do have a bit of experience in running games as well.

Please feel free to drop me a line.

Louis

#803 ColonelAutumn9155

ColonelAutumn9155

Neophyte

• 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

Hi everyone,

Name's Coleson Taylor, a teen outta Cincinnati, Ohio. Just got into CoC a few months ago and I've run a few fun meetings with my group. We'd been playing Pathfinder together for a couple of years, but I have to say I already love CoC just as much, if not more, than Pathfinder. I've been interested in Lovecraft for a while but I only just started reading his stories this year, and I love them. At the Mountains of Madness is my favorite, and I can't wait to get my group to a point where they can handle Beyond the Mountains of Madness.

Happy playing all, and remember, "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."