793 replies to this topic

#41 wendigogo

wendigogo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:07 PM

Hi, my name is Kaid.

Im 34, living in Düsseldorf, Germany and work as an analyst at power trading.

After playing 0D&D for some years,I began gamemastering in 1986 with the first german Translation of CoC and never stopped gaming (sanity roll, please :wink: ).

I faithfully use the BRP rules and tried Stormbringer, Hawkmoon, Nephilim (and even Superworld), only taking quick shots at Cyberpunk, Mekton and In Nomine Satanis (French Version).

Apart from the Classic era, I play Delta Green, a sort of Dark Ages with the Ars Magica Background, Blood Brothers and finally started Cathulhu. The latter is Cthulhu with feline investigators, sort of Felidae meets Nyarlothep.

#42 Marty

Marty

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:08 PM

and finally started Cathulhu. The latter is Cthulhu with feline investigators, sort of Felidae meets Nyarlothep.

This has to be the oddest thing I've ever heard....
NEO-ANARCHIST AND BEST BANG SINCE THE BIG ONE...

#43 GreveMagnus

GreveMagnus

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:47 PM

and finally started Cathulhu. The latter is Cthulhu with feline investigators, sort of Felidae meets Nyarlothep.

Well, rumour has it that this variant will be surfacing in English in the new Worlds of Cthulhu magazine. Meow!

#44 Cthulhudude

Cthulhudude

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:41 PM

As long as I can jump to the moon (as a cat) then I’m happy.
No Nyarlathotep, no chaos.
Know Nyarlathotep, know chaos.

#45 wendigogo

wendigogo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:22 AM

You think this is odd ???
What will you think about this one ?

http://de.geocities....ha/cathulhu.htm 8)

#46 cynick

cynick

Greater Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 11:52 PM

You think this is odd ???
What will you think about this one ?

http://de.geocities....ha/cathulhu.htm 8)

Aaahh! Look at the cute little.....

8O

.....what the hell is that thing?
We do not stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

#47 HybridHorror

HybridHorror

Master

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 09:26 AM

Hello, my name is James. I'm 32 years of age and have been gaming since 1989 (...has it really been 15 years?).
Like most I was weened on AD&D and D&D, and over the years have played/used many games and game systems: GURPS, Top Secert, Rifts, TORG, Space: 1889, Legend of the Five Rings, Toon, HERO system (though not the current one yet), d20 (D&D 3rd, D&D 3.5 and others), Ars Magica, Cyberpunk, Gamma World (old school), various White Wolf games, All Flesh Must be Eaten (oh yeah baby!), Deadlands, Stormbringer, and of course Call of Cthulhu. My preferred systems are GURPS and Chaosium's BRP system.

I first became aware of H.P. Lovecraft from seeing the motion picture Re-Animator (Stuart Gordon, 1985). I begain playing, and soon running, CoC with 4th edition.

As for myself, I live in the state of Virginia, USA. Aside from role-playing, I spend my free time watching movies (mostly horror, science fiction, film noir/crime drama, and fantasy), reading (mostly horror, sci-fi, paranormal non-fiction and comics), playing video games, surfing the web, listening to music (many types), and (with in the last year) war gaming (Warhammer 40K).

I have happly joined this excellent site because it's nice to correspond with others who share my love for H.P. Lovecraft's fiction and the game that's based on it. :D

Thank you.
"Watch the skies, everywhere! Keep looking. Keep watching the skies!" - The Thing From Another World (Nyby, 1951)

#48 Kiyohira

Kiyohira

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:58 PM

*waves*

I'm in the Uk, i'm 21 and currently a student by way of occupation... i'm a goth, a metal addict, a Daemonologist and, of course, a roleplayer. I've been into fantasy roleplaying since forever, starting with Warhammer then discovering D&D - and Lovecraft and Cthulhu D20 shortly therafter. As i'm the only one in my gaming group who knows enough about the mythos and has the patience to craft stories, i'm permanently the Keeper...
"This body is a sword, and this place, a burial ground."
-- Ranmaru Mori, Sengoku Musou

#49 Aleister

Aleister

Neophyte

• 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 01:51 AM

I havn't posted in a while, so I thought I would say hello to everyone :)

The Temple of Dagon

#50 Tittan

Tittan

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:14 PM

I'm Kristian "Tittan" Kittelsaa, and I live in Trondheim, Norway. For me roleplaying started in -87 when I got the swedish "Drakar och Demonar" for xmas. (I actually played it with my grandfather, one of the most pietistic christians you could find! And he later told me to stop "talking about it". RPG's weren't banned yet by the religious Norwegians in -87!)

CoC is a game I first tried when I was 15 (29 now) and I fell for it right away. We actually had a female Keeper, and she did a great job scaring the **** out of us. Since then I've been doing mostly CoC, D&D and Paranoia, and I currently have a 1920's campaign running.

A common quote from one of my players: "My God, I HATE you Tittan, you make me so scared and I don't know why I'm comming here every week!" :twisted: Well, maybe because we play at your house? :roll:

#51 PiperErickson

PiperErickson

Master

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:09 PM

Hi
I'm Joe. I live in North Vancouver, Canada. You'll find me posting here, at the SPONGE website, and at the Vancouver Gaming Guild.

I guess RPGs all started for me with the Fighting Fantasy books. My friend bought "Out of the Pit" and we made a roleplaying system so we could play. One day I walked into a game store and asked them if they had any games where you could play wizards and knights and the guy showed me AD&D 2nd (the hardcover with the knight on horseback). Wow, what a cool book! I read it in one day and then I made characters but I didn't have anyone to run a game with :?
Eventually I got some players together and I DMed for about 8 years before I started saying, "hey why can't one of you guys be the DM?!". And then I took some time off because I was tired of DMing...
Since then, I've played in a number of D&D campaigns, some Earthdawn, some Heroes Unlimited. My first girlfriend gave me CoC 5th ed. in 1998 and I've only been able to run two one-shots between now and then :(
Now I'm looking for a CoC group to join because the players I know won't play CoC :(
[rant] Eventually I'd like to be Keeper, so I won't be one of those guys that only is a player and never knows how much work us GMs do! [/rant]

#52 SteelScarab

SteelScarab

Master

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:14 AM

Hello everyone!!

My name is Noah, I am 17 years (and counting) i have never played CoC before but play d&d quite frequently. I have been looking forward to playing sometime but cant quite find anywhere to do it.. Most of the people i talk to around here ( N.Y. South of Buffalo) have never even heard of it. Looking forward to some potential games in the future.. Oh yeah, I just purchased my first H.P.l book, and I have to say I'm hooked. I've been so used to reading Dragonlance that I have never really read anything else, but i got this and I love it.

#53 themaninawhitecar

themaninawhitecar

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:51 AM

Howdy:

Just a short note to introduce myself. My name is Bill Nichols, currently a resident of Madison, Wisconsin. I run Cthulhu Now for a group of friends and also run Cthulhu Now at GenCon, PlatteCon and RockCon. Oh, I just may add Origins to that list, but for the moment that's still up in the air.

#54 shinobi

shinobi

Master

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 12:56 PM

Hey everyone!

I´m Peter from Stockholm, Sweden! CoC was the first rpg written in english that I played, and have stuck with it since. For the moment I´m not playing though, ´cause I´ve been GM´ing a Middle Earth campain. But hopefully all this will change when the campain is over. I guess I´ve been playing since I was ten or eleven years old, and now I´m reaching allmost twentynine...
Gamewise I´ve played some WoD stuff, mostly Wraith the Oblivion, whitch is an exellent game by the way. Some AD&D for a short while and a lot of MERP that eventually led on to Rolemaster and Spacemaster. I´ve tried some other games as well, but not worth mentioning, allthough I really enjoy Sengoku (Feudal Japan).

Take care...

Iä!!! Iä!!! Iä!!!

/shinobi 8O

#55 Mistress

Mistress

Neophyte

• 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:51 AM

Hi

I have been known to frequently pop into a certain "Travelling Man" store & have had this place highly recommended to me. I think this is a stunning looking site.

Anyway, about me - I'm a forensics student who has discovered an interest in Cthulhu, I also enjoy photography, computing (I have an RPG Resource site) & all things weird & unusual.

So hello to you all. *waves*

#56 MarkRyan

MarkRyan

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationSouth coast, UK

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:35 AM

Welcome Mistress

If you are looking for the weird and unusual then this is certainly the place to hang out;and that's just the people who post here :lol: .You say you are a Forensics student - which variety are you studying? (I have a passable knowledge of Forensic Archaeology,hence my interest.)

cheers

corpse-eater

#57 TheThing

TheThing

Master

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:53 AM

Hello!

I just like to be called The Thing due to my love of Marvel's Fantastic Four.

I'm 34 (gulp) and have been RPGing for 20 years on and off. I started on OD&D, progressed to 1e AD&D.

Currently, I do most of my gaming on-line, either by message board or via e-mail. I'm involved in a couple of AD&D campaigns, a 1920's CoC scenario and am about to (hopefully) Keep a Gaslight one (see posts elsewhere regarding my trials and tribulations!)

I'm based just on the N Surrey SW London border, but am having difficulty finding a group to game with.

By trade I'm a Property Claims Inspector (very boring, but it's paid for my wife to get thru Uni and it's nearly time to give it up!) I'm also a part-time student studying Geoscience thru the Open Uni.

Cheers!
'You cannot kill what you did not create'

#58 shadowheart

shadowheart

Neophyte

• 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 07:53 AM

My name is Robert, tho I go by shadowheart on most of the boards I run on, or at least some variation thereof. I have only recently come into the "Thulhu fold, but I have been roleplaying for a good 20 plus years now. I've played all editions of D&D, Cyberpunk, a little Shadowrun, extensive World of Darkness, a number of little nkown games (Runequest, et al) and a number of homebrews. The town I currently live in is in and of itself a perfect inspiration for "thulhu game ideas due to a number of local myths and whatnot.

I am also a member of the Code Monkey Publishing forums, the Kenzer and Co forums, head of my own yahoo group dedicated to HackMaster and the Regional Chapter I and a number of others are working to bring to life for Central/North Texas and southern Oklahoma. Also to my credit, I am a Sanctioned Game Master with Kenzer's HackMaster Association, credentials available upon request. :wink:

Current projects, when work allows, include working the Iron Kingdoms campaign setting into my copy of the D&D eTools program, assisting a friend with working on his own "Thulhu-ish game that he is writing, and studying the d20 'Thulhu book in preparation for melting away the thin veneer of sanity that my gaming group so tenaciously clings to. Future projects include trying to make a data set if possible for the "Thulhu game setting to be used with the eTools program...of course that also depends on how much info and advice I can glean out of the support monkeys over at CMP.

Well, back to perusing the download section with me. Happy investigations and warm nightmares to all!

#59 Castaigne

Castaigne

Master

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 08:56 PM

Hi there,

My name's Thom, and I play and run CoC. Though I've got some friends who were involved with the production of d20CoC, I refuse to play it on general principles.

I'm a writer. Current projects include a rather longish Dark Fantasy novel, a series of sonnets based on "The King in Yellow", and a Mi-Go-infested opera.

The opera, at least, will probably never be finished for reasons more related to mundane issues than some sort of Eldritch conspiracy.
Thom Ryng

Tell me, brother, have you found the Yellow Sign?

http://www.thomryng.com
http://thomryng.livejournal.com

#60 cynick

cynick

Greater Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 11:32 PM

I'm a writer.

Glad to see your version of The King in Yellow is to be reprinted. Any more details as yet?
We do not stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw