I'd like to tackle Spawn of Azathoth...

#62 Justin F

Justin F

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:13 AM

I'm too much of a ToC noob to attempt this myself at this stage, but if anyone takes requests I'd be very interested in 'Escape from Innsmouth' and especially 'Tatters of the King'.

('The Burning Stars' would also be good)

Edited by Justin F, 04 September 2011 - 08:04 AM.

Frankly, no one should be walking away from the smoking end of an elephant gun. ...Except maybe a really hard elephant.
The Old Ones

#63 Chivalrybean

Chivalrybean

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

I'm converting a Monophobia (Robinson Gruesome) scenario to Trail, and was wondering if the improvised bombs would only be a +1 damage, or would they get a higher bonus?

I've not played Trail yet, but I want to get started on this conversion sooner than later. I'm converting it for personal use, but if it turns out to work well, I'm submit it to the list of conversions.

*edit*
I'm more familiar with the Esoterrorist rules, as I have read them all, and just a bit ago found the Point Blank rules in Trail (which I just now see are in Esoterrorists) so +to hit is above 1 in some cases.

*edit again * Hey look, a table with damage conversions. I blame my shouting kids that I missed it {:0p

Edited by Chivalrybean, 25 November 2011 - 05:19 PM.

http://www.thespaceturtle.com
I space, no one can hear you whine and complain. I'd love to live in space.

#64 Justin F

Justin F

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:57 AM

To avoid duplication I should probably say that I've converted 'Crash Dive' (from 'Fearful Passages', includes rules for Diving), and have the following conversions in progress:
'The Watcher in the Valley' ('Tales of the Miskatonic Valley')
'Tatters of the King'

I'll submit these when they are ready.
Frankly, no one should be walking away from the smoking end of an elephant gun. ...Except maybe a really hard elephant.
The Old Ones

#65 The_Tatterdemalion_King

The_Tatterdemalion_King

Lesser Independent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

All the conversions I attempt turn into massive rewrites. : (
Portfolio at www.chrishuth.com • Clients include Chaosium Inc, Sixtystone Press, Pelgrane Press and Sentinel Hill Press

#66 DrummerDave

DrummerDave

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

I am currently converting Coming Full Circle and have sent Simon a PM to discuss. Will get back to guys once the conversion is complete...

#67 Cole

Cole

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBucks County, PA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

To avoid duplication I should probably say that I've converted 'Crash Dive' (from 'Fearful Passages', includes rules for Diving), and have the following conversions in progress:
'The Watcher in the Valley' ('Tales of the Miskatonic Valley')
'Tatters of the King' .

TotK ever get converted? I am to run it with Trail and hoped to leverage someone elses blood, sweat and tears.

Playing/Running: D&D 5e (Curse of Strahd, Reavers of the Harken Wold), Call of Cthulhu (Down Darker Trails), Aces & Eights, Fate (Art Restoration Syndicate)

#68 Justin F

Justin F

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

TotK ever get converted? I am to run it with Trail and hoped to leverage someone elses blood, sweat and tears.

I did a draft conversion of the first half (which you're welcome to). Although from my greater experience with Trail now, there are some things I'd do differently (eg. it's too detailed on NPC stats). For the moment, writing my own material has been taking precedence. And in terms of playing, other things have been jumping the queue.

Edited by Justin F, 26 October 2012 - 02:27 AM.

The Old Ones

#69 BanjoChutney

BanjoChutney

Neophyte

• 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

These conversions are ace. As a newcomer to ToC it's so useful to have these resources, and it keeps all that classic CoC content relevant.

#70 fox01313

fox01313

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Very nice to find this info & more on Pelgrane Press website. As I got recently in an online bundle the Trail of Cthulhu pdf for Shadows over Filmland I've been peeking around a little between locating a comic/game store nearby with some of the Trail books but this conversion process done will make it easy to see what scenarios I have that have been converted to ToC then use that information to better reverse the process to maybe run some of Shadows over Flimland in CoC once I start running CoC games (hopefully soon as new to CoC so want to play some first before diving into running the games).

"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

#71 Tigger_MK4

Tigger_MK4

Greater Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Very nice to find this info & more on Pelgrane Press website. As I got recently in an online bundle the Trail of Cthulhu pdf for Shadows over Filmland I've been peeking around a little between locating a comic/game store nearby with some of the Trail books but this conversion process done will make it easy to see what scenarios I have that have been converted to ToC then use that information to better reverse the process to maybe run some of Shadows over Flimland in CoC once I start running CoC games (hopefully soon as new to CoC so want to play some first before diving into running the games).

A bit of self promotion : If you download the (free) Eternal Lies CoC conversion from the Pelgrane website , you should find some helpful tips for that process as well.
My Beyond the Mountains of Madness blog

"RULES" ARE GUIDELINES !

#72 Cordyceps

Cordyceps

Master

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

Did Tatters of the King ever get converted?  

#73 pxacrake

pxacrake

Neophyte

• 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

Anyone converting "Sense of the Sleight of Hand Man"

#74 Lisa

Lisa

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:07 AM

Let me know if anyone's converted "Asylum" from Tales of the Crescent City. I'm going to give a shot, but I've never done this before.

#75 preacher95

preacher95

Master

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hello

Is there a CoC conversion for the amazing 7th circle adventure yet ?
See you on the other side very soon

Thanks
The Inconceivable

Pronunciation:
\ˌin-kən-ˈsē-və-bəl\

#76 Aviatrix

Aviatrix

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

For those of you interested in Masks of Nyarlathotep, my revised edition of the Masks to TOC conversion that includes the last two chapters is now up on Pelgrane's site. In addition to converting Australia and Shanghai, I revised all the page references to the 2010 edition of The Complete Masks of Nyarlathotep since that's the one currently in print.

#77 Yrvi

Yrvi

Master

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:11 PM

For those of you interested in Masks of Nyarlathotep, my revised edition of the Masks to TOC conversion that includes the last two chapters is now up on Pelgrane's site. In addition to converting Australia and Shanghai, I revised all the page references to the 2010 edition of The Complete Masks of Nyarlathotep since that's the one currently in print.

You are a marvel. Thanks!  :)

#78 Nico

Nico

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:53 AM

Hello,

In the CoC adventure "The Menace From Sumatra" from the Dark Designs book, the adventure calls for a CONx5 check to see if the PC caught a deadly disease. How do you handle such check in the ToC? Thanks!

#79 The_Tatterdemalion_King

The_Tatterdemalion_King

Lesser Independent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:09 AM

Health roll against a difficulty of 4, with a 1-point Medicine spend reducing the difficulty for everyone the character with Medicine can treat to 3.

Edited by The_Tatterdemalion_King, 10 January 2017 - 07:10 AM.

Portfolio at www.chrishuth.com • Clients include Chaosium Inc, Sixtystone Press, Pelgrane Press and Sentinel Hill Press

#80 Nico

Nico

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:28 AM

Health roll against a difficulty of 4, with a 1-point Medicine spend reducing the difficulty for everyone the character with Medicine can treat to 3.

Stupid me, of course, it is so obvious ;). Thank you.