• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 GrahamW

GrahamW

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

From a quick check, all the downloads on the old site are on the new site.

If you don't mind us uploading the other conversions, I'd be delighted, not to mention crawlingly grateful, to do so.

Graham

#42 Mulciber

Mulciber

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

Great stuff, thanks.

#43 WatsonSE

WatsonSE

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

I converted all of the scenarios for New Tales of the Miskatonic Valley. They can be found on MRP's Web site: http://miskatonicriv...nversions.shtml.

I thought they were all on Pelgrane Press's Web site, too, but I'm either misremembering, or some of them disappeared during site updates or conversions.

Your conversions are wonderful! Are you going to write conversions for the upcoming "More Adventures in Arkham County" as well?
/Watson

"Elementary, my dear Sherlock..."

#44 csmithadair

csmithadair

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:59 AM

Your conversions are wonderful! Are you going to write conversions for the upcoming "More Adventures in Arkham County" as well?

Well, thank you. I'm really glad to hear that others are finding them useful. And I have actually already converted the scenarios for More Adventures in Arkham Country, which should be out quite soon.

Christopher Smith Adair
Freelance Copyeditor & RPG Writer
csmithadair.com

#45 WatsonSE

WatsonSE

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

Well, thank you. I'm really glad to hear that others are finding them useful. And I have actually already converted the scenarios for More Adventures in Arkham Country, which should be out quite soon.

Wow, that is great news! I was hoping for conversions, but didn't expect them to be out that soon...
/Watson

"Elementary, my dear Sherlock..."

#46 Rayston

Rayston

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

Anyone done Sanatorium from Mansions of Madness?

#47 PelgranePress

PelgranePress

Pelgrane Press

• Publisher
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

Not to my knowledge. Let me know if you want to take it on. We are interested in other conversions if anyone is willing to do them. For inspiration, look at this Masks actual play description using Trail.
Simon Rogers
Pelgrane Press Ltd

#48 YunusWesley

YunusWesley

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationSatrapal Palace, Cykranosh

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

Anyone done Sanatorium from Mansions of Madness?

I have run it, and have my Trail-ification notes. I'll message them to you later tonight.
Yeah, I just killed a man for her. She don't even know my freakin' name. High school all over again.
They say you never outgrow it.

#49 AJKM

AJKM

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:08 PM

I have run it, and have my Trail-ification notes. I'll message them to you later tonight.

Any chance I could get a copy too? I have been looking at running this one for Trail myself.

#50 YunusWesley

YunusWesley

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

Okay, I'll just put them here, but I'm not up for formatting it! That's up to Rayston or anyone else.
Yeah, I just killed a man for her. She don't even know my freakin' name. High school all over again.

#51 YunusWesley

YunusWesley

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

Sanatorium Papers #2: 1 point Medicine, Psychology, or Library Use spend.

Patients: files are 1 point Library Use to decipher, free for medical professionals;
Make Psychology or Assess Honesty spends to diagnose patients without reading files.

Arriving at the Island: Sense Trouble, difficulty 6, to realize they're being watched, if keeper wishes.

The Front Door: Sense Trouble 3 to notice Leonard, who attacks with Scuffle 1.

The Living Room, Desk Area: Stability 4 for the corpse of each of the nurses; lose 2 on a failure.

The Laundry: Stability 4 to find Melba the maid; lose 4 on failure.
Core clue: trail of scorch marks on doorway, floor, and stairs.

Allen Harding's room: the trail of scorch marks begins here. 2 point Occult spend to identify the marks as a Gate, with time meditating on it. A Mythos spend should identify it as a Gate and give an indication as to the threat, with a suitable description, Stability, and Sanity loses.

Dr Brewer's Office: Stability 4 to find the Doctor's hacked up body; lose 4 on failure.
Core clues: letter on desk, journal, newspaper clipping; Sanatorium Papers 3, 4, 6, 8
Safe: 2 point Locksmith spend to get in

The Grounds
Generator Shed: Electrical Repair 3 or a generic roll of 5+ to start generator.
The Trees: Athletics 5 to jump from upstairs window to trees.
The Dock: Stability 4 (loss of 1) to find old sailor's body.

The Rest of the Island
Student's Camp: 1 point Evidence Collection, Outdoorsman spend to notice drag marks to sacrificial rock; 1 point Evidence Collection, Archaeology, etc. to find gun & ammo.
Sacrificial Rock: Stability 4 (2).

The Lighthouse: Athletics or Scuffling 5 to open wedged door. Athletics/Fleeing 5 to dodge CERTAIN DEATH from the creature; Athletics/Scuffling 3 to land for D-1 health instead of D+2.

The Creature from Another World
Stealth +3, Stability Loss +2
Possession pool 18
Scuffle 9
Athletics 16
Health 18

Roll Possession vs Stability to possess a character.

Regenerate 3 health/round

Vulnerabilities, in damage/round
Sun damage: D-2
Torch-size fire: D-2
Gas can fire: D+1
Electricity: D+2
Sea: D+7

Contacting Princess Annephis
Roll Hypnosis vs Darlene's Stability to contact the Princess; or a 2 point Pharmacy, Medicine, or Chemistry spend to get the drug dosages correct. OR for dicey drama, use one of those Investigative Abilities as a General one and roll against her Health; on a failure, she passes out for D+2 hours; on a failure of 6 or more, she dies.

Failure to Destroy the Creature
Steady increases in Health and Stability costs, and 1 or 2 point Sanity loss above any Stability-blasted Sanity, to see the creature's transformation and get hit by falling rubble.

Statistics for Inmates
If you need them, give them all Health 5 and one point to spend on anything General roll they might need to make.

Edited by YunusWesley, 18 September 2010 - 04:32 AM.

#52 YunusWesley

YunusWesley

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:38 AM

Looking over "The Sanatorium" again, hmm, I might do it differently. You can easily tone up or down the horror of this scenario through the violence done to the nurses, maid, Dr Brewer, and any inmates along the way.

I don't have statistics written down for Charles Johnson, Insane Attendant and convenient excuse to officials coming to the island ("And that's why the formerly institutionalized never deserve a second chance: propensity for RITUAL MURDER.")

I would add +1 to all his Weapons rolls with that axe, and roll all his Scuffling attacks with no point spends; he's not a good fighter, he just keeps swinging. Also, +1 difficulty to players' Sense Trouble rolls to detect him.

#53 Rayston

Rayston

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for this YunusWesley

Much Appreciated.

#54 Hogscape

Hogscape

Master

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

I'm deathly keen on a Curse of Cthulhu conversion. Anyone out there equal to the challenge?

#55 wickedcultgod

wickedcultgod

Neophyte

• 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

Has anyone done or is anyone doing Shadows of Yog-Sothoth? If no one has I will start work on that one. It would take me a little time but I really like that campaign and Gumshoe System is the best. Still got Call, but mostly play Trail nowadays and I haven't got to run this for my group so I can get some playtesting in. When I get a little done I'll post it and see what you peeps think about it.

#56 Nico

Nico

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

Hello,

I have a question about conversion of Power Drain spell. It says that the victim losses stability points, but to what limit? To "0" or to -infinity? If the latter one I understand that all rules about shaken/blaster apply?

#57 csmithadair

csmithadair

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Hello,

I have a question about conversion of Power Drain spell. It says that the victim losses stability points, but to what limit? To "0" or to -infinity? If the latter one I understand that all rules about shaken/blaster apply?

I would say the limit would be -12 (though if cast against an NPC, the Keeper might stop at 0). And I would also say that being shaken or blasted would apply (as well as incurable insanity). On the other hand, a Keeper might not like the idea of a spell designed to leech magical energy causing insanity. In CoC, the spell simly drains Magic Points, despite its name. Perhaps, then, the limit should be -11 or lower (0 or whatever). Also, if the spell shakes or blasts the target, they should take the penalties to abilities, but not lose Sanity.

Christopher Smith Adair
Freelance Copyeditor & RPG Writer
csmithadair.com

#58 mummykitty

mummykitty

Master

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

Is anyone working on a TOC conversion for Cthulhu Invictus and/or The Legacy of Arrius Lurcco?

#59 rylehNC

rylehNC

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

Is anyone working on a TOC conversion for Cthulhu Invictus and/or The Legacy of Arrius Lurcco?

That's a harder task than converting a contemporary scenario, as you have to fiddle with Abilities and (logically) Drives.

Uh, not that it wouldn't be great.
Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes.

-Ibn Schacabao

#60 mummykitty

mummykitty

Master

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:55 AM

Hah, that is why I asked if anyone had already done it! :-)
I have already done a little work on it, mainly on matching up the skills in Cthulhu Invictus to abilities in Trail. I'm actually finding a fair amount that will match up, so that part doesn't seem to tough.
Arrius Lurco will be a lot more work, though to be honest I think I'd want to re-write or change some of it even if I was planning to run it with Call of Cthulhu rules.