107 replies to this topic

#101 FunGuyfromYuggoth

FunGuyfromYuggoth

Greater Independent

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:40 AM

Ditto Doc. Your time at Chaosium represents some of the best work they've put out. I am glad that the fatwa was lifted. Rejoice and dance to the piping of Azathoth's band! :wink:

#102 Dr_Zarnak

Dr_Zarnak

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

Congratulations on getting the license, Doc! I hope managing Miskatonic River Press's operations won't be so time-consuming that you won't be able to write an adventure or two - and maybe even a campaign!

#103 Careless

Careless

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

Well, this is probably the largest red letter, the feather in the cap of CoC fans everywhere. Congrats Doc, thanks for keeping the faith all these years - your hungry audience awaits. :D

#104 tlynch999

tlynch999

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

Rejoice and dance to the piping of Azathoth's band!

Dude...Doc plays bass. Dunno how four strings could manage that unearthly sound... I guess I'll leave that to the pro's (like Doc).

#105 DrummerDave

DrummerDave

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

Dude...Doc plays bass. Dunno how four strings could manage that unearthly sound... I guess I'll leave that to the pro's (like Doc).

I'm playing drums in the band! Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#106 doccthulhu

doccthulhu

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:13 AM

I play a fretless bass, which means I can make all kinds of unholy sounds, and usually unintentionally.

Doc

#107 KevinMayle

KevinMayle

Neophyte

• 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

Here's a preview of the first picture I've completed. If you're interested, I'd like to contribute to the book.
I'm working on another piece as well. This one is my tribute to Erol Otus' 1980 original illustration.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#108 tlynch999

tlynch999

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

Hey all...

A temporary site is up: http://www.miskatonicriverpress.com/

As we figure everything out a full-fledged site will come into being...I'll keep you posted. One of the best ways to stay in the loop will be to join the mailing list. If you scroll down on the site, you can enter your name and email address for us to collect. When we have news, we'll shoot it out to you.

Thanks!

:twisted: