Photo
- - - - -

Just saw new Dawn of the Dead--

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 MrFilthyIke

MrFilthyIke

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:14 PM

good use of a Richard Cheese song!

Someone else who likes Richard Cheese! Sweet! :lol:
"The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Not in the spaces we
know, but between them, They walk serene and primal, undimensioned and to us unseen."

#22 dysjunct

dysjunct

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:31 AM

good use of a Richard Cheese song!

Someone else who likes Richard Cheese! Sweet! :lol:

How can anyone not?! He takes really lame songs and makes them entertaining. Sometimes he takes entertaining songs and makes them entertaining in a different way. And his new album, I'd Like A Virgin, comes out on 4/20!

Tracklist is here. Looks great!

#23 Fallingtower

Fallingtower

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:09 AM

Never heard of Richard Cheese before, but I did like his spin on that overplayed crap-rock classic 'Down with the sickness'.

I have a few other songs that I love to hate that need to be taken down a notch or two-

'Bodies hit da' floor' by ?

And my two all time most hated songs that received airplay-

'Cult of Personality' by Living Color

&

'Epic' by Faith No More.

Please tell me these songs have been given the Dick Cheese treatment.

*Real dream...Diamanda Galas doing 'Bodies' or 'Down with the sickness' It would be awesome.
"The die is cast"
- Julius Caesar (ultimate power gamer)

“Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.”
HPL

#24 FunGuyfromYuggoth

FunGuyfromYuggoth

Greater Independent

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:19 AM

SPOILER TALK SKIP THIS MESSAGE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE.

So, am I the only one who thought they should have gone down to the Hobby Hut and gotten a remote control helicopter and flew Andy a brisket or something? And since we're on the subject, how did you guys feel about the whole idea of the zombies not paying attention to animals?

I want you on my team for the zombie apocalypse! The brisket would be too heavy for the average RC helicopter, but I like where you're going with the idea.

I was cool with the zombies ignoring the dog. They seem rather singleminded. Now if the dog was strapped onto a human's back, then that's another issue...

#25 EzekialLockhart

EzekialLockhart

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:37 PM

Well when I said I'd prefer the suit of armor, I wasn't intending to imply I could skip and jump freely among zombies..I just meant I'd be much safer. I'd still be packing a firearm, many probably.

Where were all the automatic weapons in that movie come to think of it? That zombie horde wouldn't have stood a chance if they had a few automatics up on that roof. I think I'm over-analyzing things again.

No, I think that's pretty key to a good horror survival movie, by giving the audience a sense of stake in the proceedings. I am not sure, though what kind of mall they were in to have access to the welding equipment. I'm not familiar with Wisconsin, but do they have hardware stores in malls over there? 8O

I think you'd enjoy Max Brooks' "Zombie Survival Guide." It's fun stuff. :twisted:

A helicopter blaring over the city, leading the zombies to an open space, like a stadium or park, followed by a solid airstrike with a "daisy cutter" style bomb would do the trick in a zombie apocalypse.

Well it just so happens I live in Wisconsin. About 10 minutes from Racine(mentioned in the movie) and 45 from Milwaukee. By the way, none of that was filmed in Wisconsin. I'm pretty sure we don't have any tropical islands floating in Lake Michigan..and I didn't recognize the mall at all.

Anywho, as to the welding equipment, I'm sure sometimes things need to be repaired in malls, so I'm guessing they probably have some form of repair crap somewhere in Sub-Basement 2 or whatever. The closest thing to "hardware stores" we have in malls usually is a RadioShack or the equivalent and I'm pretty sure that they don't sell welding torches.

I actually already own the Zombie Survival Guide AND the Action Hero's Guide. I think that's what its called..Have to look around for that bugger.

And if a zombie horde ever emerged in Wisconsin, well my dad comes from a family of hunters and all my relatives has at least 30 some odd rifles and ammuntion in their basement, not to mention my dad makes his own shells. Think Tremors. :lol: I feel pretty safe here in WI.
"Winter is coming."

#26 dysjunct

dysjunct

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 04:17 PM

Never heard of Richard Cheese before, but I did like his spin on that overplayed crap-rock classic 'Down with the sickness'.
I have a few other songs that I love to hate that need to be taken down a notch or two-
'Bodies hit da' floor' by ?
And my two all time most hated songs that received airplay-
'Cult of Personality' by Living Color
&
'Epic' by Faith No More.
Please tell me these songs have been given the Dick Cheese treatment.
*Real dream...Diamanda Galas doing 'Bodies' or 'Down with the sickness' It would be awesome.

Sadly, he doesn't cover any of these. His last album does have a great version of a Limp Bizkit song though (speaking of overplayed crap-rock).

#27 Klarkashton

Klarkashton

Master

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:31 PM

In our game last saturday we fought a lot of zombies. My GM uses
minatures, and one of them was a female zombie in a pink dress.
We decided her name was Donna. Donna the Dead. Many yucks were
had all around.